ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Latest FARR Release 2.250.0 beta - Mar 23, 2020

<< < (36/146) > >>

mja:
Hey Mouser,

Just updated from 2.34.01 to 2.45.01, but now the FARR window always stays open after launching anything (just using the Enter key to launch the #1 result). Any thoughts? I have downgraded to 2.34.01 for now.

Running WinXP SP3 (only FarrMilk 0.4.4 as plugin right now, just reinstalled everything).
-d4ni (January 07, 2009, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have the same issue. I think I updated from 2.34.01 as well.

mouser:
can you see if its one of the plugins that might be causing the stay-open behavior?

J-Mac:
I updated on my desktop PC running XP Pro and my Vista Ultimate notebook and it seems to be OK on both.

Jim

Lashiec:
Try exiting FARR and running it again. I had the same problem, and this fixed it right away. Might help to know what caused it, though.

d4ni:
It works now. I installed 2.45.01 again over 2.34.01 and the problem never occurs again it seems. The only difference I know is I updated FarrMilk from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5, this might have been the cause.

This brings me to the following though; would it be possible to allow the user to customize what is being installed? For example, I never use the built-in aliases (installed to %farrdir%\AliasGroups\Installed) and I always change the contents of the %farrdir%\Scripts directory. When I update FARR it keeps restoring the default files (it does *keep* my changed ones, though). After every installation I have to manually delete these again. Not a big deal by any means; but if you could change the installer a bit to offer a 'normal installation' and a 'custom installation' it would be nice. The custom installation would include:

[ ] FindAndRunRobot core files (required) | would be checked and disabled
[ ] Plugin templates | or whatever you would call the existing *.dcupdate files for many plugins which are available in %farrdir%\Plugins
[ ] Standard aliases | the files in %farrdir%\AliasGroups\Installed
[ ] Special files and locations | the files in %farrdir%\Scripts\

Again, not a big deal but a nice touch imho. Everything about farr is so totally customizable, the installer just kinda lags behind on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version