ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Locate32 Plugin for FARR by Okke

<< < (20/25) > >>

losiek:
Armando:
No, I don't think that yours bugs are caused directly by lack of Unicode support, but I think that they're related. It seems that your bug work very similar to my ' (accent) bug. Can you check Location column in "loc +" results? Are there two (or more) paths for one file?

f0dder:
OK, so everybody is waiting now for your Unicode plug-in. Let's hope it will resolve other bugs also :) Good luck.

Armando:
Thanks losiek. I'll try that latter.
BTW... Where's Okke ?

f0dder:
Okay, with a bunch of help from jmj, I managed to build locate... took a bit of effort, it's a semi-large and semi-complex project, also regarding library dependencies and such :)

Hacking up locate.exe to user either WriteConsoleW or WriteFile was easy, and I now have a version that does proper unicode output on console, and UTF-8 output when redirected, seems to work fine. The following screenshot shows what standard locate.exe outputs, and then what my quick hack outputs. Note that you need to set your console to use a non-raster font for this to work!

Note that there's no reason for me to release this new executable before Okke implements UTF-8 support, since you'll get pretty garbled output with the current plugin version :)

In case anyone is wondering what the text is, it's just snippets from a russian article I found about fSekrit, seemed fitting to use when I was testing unicode support in fSekrit, and it's the best unicode test snippet I have at all, since I know none of those characters are available in my own codepage :)

Armando:
Nice work f0dder.
Any news from Okke?

f0dder:
I guess I could reverse-engineer Okke's DLL and make it support the utf-8/unicode locate hack, I've already located the "spawn child process and grab output", which is referenced three times, but Delphi code is so naaaasty to deal with :)

EDIT: downloaded the FARR SDK, and realized the locate32 plugin source code is there, woo-hoo :). The plugin will need some updating (should be simple though), but it seems that FARR itself needs a bunch of updates to handle unicode. Working with mouser on the issue right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version