ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Locate32 Plugin for FARR by Okke

<< < (18/25) > >>

f0dder:
losiek: hm, perhaps fwprintf internally detects between console/redirect and chooses the appropriate WriteConsoleW/WriteFile API? Remember, for locate.exe, we ideally want to support unicode both when used from a command prompt and when redirected to a pipe (the FARR plugin).

Dunno if writing a separate plugin directly accessing the locate databases would be that much of an advantage over piping locate.exe, once the unicode issue is fixed...

mouser:
Dunno if writing a separate plugin directly accessing the locate databases would be that much of an advantage over piping locate.exe
--- End quote ---

sure it would, and it would let you:
1) avoid the startup overhead each time you did a search
2) be able to search on the fly as you type

f0dder:
startup overhead is very very very small for locate.exe. You know how I usually bitch a lot about those matters where other people don't care :), and I don't feel any problems with the current method, even though locate.exe weighs in at a whopping 333kb here.

Search on the fly as you type, that's already being done with the plugin right now, although it could perhaps run slightly more efficient with a "full" plugin.

Armando:
BTW, anybody can help me with the issue mentioned in reply 82 (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10501.msg93405#msg93405)

losiek:
f0dder:
OK, so everything I know at the moment:
1. Console in Windows XP can produce full Unicode output but only for displaying. Piping and redirecting is unsupported so it's useless for us.
2. Standard printing functions like wprintf (used in locate.exe) uses built-in WideCharToMultibyte conversion (to DOS codepage in my case), so polish letters have wrong hexcodes in normal windows.
3. I'm able to write raw Unicode to console (swprintf+WriteFile, without widechar->codepage conversion) - when displaying it look like there are spaces between all letters, but after redirecting to a file it works like a charm (even without BOM :) ).

So everything we need now is widechar implementation of Locate plug-in. I don't have Delphi so I can't play with that :( Anybody have seen Okke recently? Maybe you have enough time to make plug-in with integrated Locate :)

Armando:
I think it's unresolvable at the moment. We have to wait for fixes or full Unicode version of this plug-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version