ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Locate32 Plugin for FARR by Okke

<< < (10/25) > >>

cettolox:
Hi,

I use locate32 for everyday use. I am trying to use the farr plugin, but, after having all configured, once I type "loc a" in farr I get NO result (I expected the list of files whose name contained the letter "a").

So I tried to go to \program files\locate issuing the c:>locate.exe a   but I always get nothing.

locate32 on the other hand works perfectly.

I also tried the "examples" that came out of the plugin, with no result.

Have you got any hint ?

Thanks,

/Stef

Okke:
@lanux128:

I'll check if I can find a registry key. That's a very good idea. The less people have to configure, the better :)

@cettolox:

Mmh, it's very strange. If locate.exe by itself (at a commandprompt for instance) doesn't work it looks like a problem
with locate, not with the plugin. The plugin depends on the output of locate.exe. As far as I can tell locate.exe uses
the same databases as the graphical client by default. So you should get output at the commandprompt at least.

Maybe someone else has some tips regarding this?

cettolox:
I agree. It's a "locate.exe command line" issue. I am going to play with switches... in the meantime can anyone of you confirm that issuing "locate.exe a" immediately gets (in the CMD prompt) the list of files with an "a" in the filename?

Thanks,

/Stef

jgpaiva:
I agree. It's a "locate.exe command line" issue. I am going to play with switches... in the meantime can anyone of you confirm that issuing "locate.exe a" immediately gets (in the CMD prompt) the list of files with an "a" in the filename?
-cettolox (September 26, 2007, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can, it gets me a VERY long list of files!

rjbull:
@cettolox:

Mmh, it's very strange. If locate.exe by itself (at a commandprompt for instance) doesn't work it looks like a problem
with locate, not with the plugin. The plugin depends on the output of locate.exe. As far as I can tell locate.exe uses
the same databases as the graphical client by default. So you should get output at the commandprompt at least.

Maybe someone else has some tips regarding this?
-Okke (September 26, 2007, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe this, from the Locate32 Web site, is relevant?

A "daily" update 3.0.7.8190 is realeased containing couple of fixes. Update is available here. Edit 19.9.2007: locate.exe in this package does not work. You can take locate.exe from the package of the version 3.0.7.7010 and use it.

--- End quote ---

Janne has released a newer version now, Locate32 3.0.7.9220.  That's what I'm using and it seems to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version