topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Slysoft 20% discount on all products Expires Wednesday, December 31 2008!  (Read 19989 times)

a_lunatic

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Fulltime Single Dad
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.slysoft.com/en/

• AnyDVD
  • AnyDVD HD
  • CloneDVD
  • CloneDVD mobile
  • CloneCD
  • Game Jackal Pro
  • Game Jackal Enterprise

Until Wednesday, December 31 2008 Slysoft offers a 20% discount on all software products--except upgrades. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of Slysoft's products, now is the right time to act!

As of January 1st, 2009, Slysoft will change its update policy from free lifetime updates to an annual subscription fee. All license purchases made before January 1st, 2009 will not be affected by this change; as promised, all licenses purchased before 2009 will still be honoured under Slysoft's free lifetime update policy.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:54 PM by a_lunatic »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: slysoft 20% discount on all products Expires Friday 05/11/2007
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 06:55 AM »
For us Yanks, that would be, "slysoft 20% discount on all products Expires Friday 11/05/2007".  ;)

a_lunatic

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Fulltime Single Dad
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: slysoft 20% discount on all products Expires December, 31st 2007!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:15 AM »
New special promotion for Christmas.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Excellent! Time for some holiday gift buying.  :Thmbsup:

Effective January 1, 2008, SlySoft will switch its pricing from U.S. dollars to Euro If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act because not only are the old prices still in effect, but you also profit from our 20%-off Christmas Promotion.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 07:55 AM by tinjaw »

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 08:13 AM »
This 20% promotion is ALWAYS running. It is nothing new. There hasnt been a day that slysoft hasnt run a 20% off discount for their products. Its a scheme I've seen several companies run.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 08:16 AM »
Ah  :(  Thanks Josh. I hadn't noticed that.  :-[

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 05:15 PM »
This 20% promotion is ALWAYS running. It is nothing new. There hasnt been a day that slysoft hasnt run a 20% off discount for their products. Its a scheme I've seen several companies run.
Is that correct?  While they've had a promotion in effect most of the time since October, I don't recall anything in the months before when I've sporadically visited their site.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:03 PM »
I believe slysoft is almost always running some sort of discount be it 10 or 20 % ,20 % is pretty good though.If they don't announce it publicly on their site,scan over some multimedia forums,afterdawn,etc.Oh and this time of year is a good time to go to google blog search and enter terms like xmas promo,christmas promo,promo code,holiday discount,etc.You can also get an rss feed that updates when these terms are found.Good way to find deals.

Oh and slysofts software is worth every penny,i have clone cd and anydvd,no regrets.

expat83

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:15 AM »

Ain't so. I work for SlySoft and we do not ALWAYS have a 20% sale running. That is not only dumb but misleads customers. We offer these sales spontaneously and also with regularity for Christmas, Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, etc. There are special coupons for returning customers if one asks and  also volume discounts. We find our policy of bundling products with "the more you buy, the more you save" and then giving an additional discount off and on throughout the year makes sense.  8)

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 09:49 PM »
Ain't so. I work for SlySoft and we do not ALWAYS have a 20% sale running. That is not only dumb but misleads customers. We offer these sales spontaneously and also with regularity for Christmas, Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, etc. There are special coupons for returning customers if one asks and  also volume discounts. We find our policy of bundling products with "the more you buy, the more you save" and then giving an additional discount off and on throughout the year makes sense.  8)

Thank you kindly for posting here, Expat. Would you mind if I ask a couple of questions here?

1. Your description of CloneCD reads in part: CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. How much does CloneDVD offer above and beyond that? Or conversely, does CloneDVD copy CDs as well? (Yes, I'm trying to figure out if I can make do with only one ;) )

2. Is CloneDVD able to copy only audio tracks of a DVD? I'm a big fan of live music, but I'd rather listen then watch, so I often try to grab audio tracks from live DVDs (movies) and burn them to CDs. A few years ago this was somewhat easy, but I've been having much less luck recently, probably due to new formats or protection schemes. If CloneDVD does not have this ability right now, is it something you would consider adding?

Thanks a lot again!

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 01:27 PM »
1. Your description of CloneCD reads in part: CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. How much does CloneDVD offer above and beyond that? Or conversely, does CloneDVD copy CDs as well?

My understanding is that CloneCD will only make 1 to 1 exact copies of DVD movies.  CloneDVD will re-encode movies so they will fit on media with less capacity.  Many DVDs require dual-layer media for 1 to 1 copies, CloneDVD will make those fit on single-layer media.  CloneDVD also allows you to perform some basic edits (like remove advertisements, alternate tracks,etc.).  As far as I know CloneCD doesn't let you perform any edits.

However, if you're only going to get one thing from Slysoft, seriously consider AnyDVD.  It's pretty much a requirement even for CloneDVD (as CloneDVD does not deal with copy protections or CSS encryption on its own).  AnyDVD lets any video manipulation software deal with DVD movies.  Most CD/DVD authoring suites (Nero, etc.) include software that let you recode movies - as long as they're not copy protected or CSS encrypted.  AnyDVD makes all DVD movies compatible.

Finally - if you're considering buying from Slysoft, they've announced that starting on Jan 1 their products are going to be sold in Euros instead of Dollars (while keeping the numbers the same).  In effect, this is a 40% price increase.  So if you're going to buy you should do it before then.

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 02:37 PM »
My understanding is that CloneCD will only make 1 to 1 exact copies of DVD movies.  CloneDVD will re-encode movies so they will fit on media with less capacity.  Many DVDs require dual-layer media for 1 to 1 copies, CloneDVD will make those fit on single-layer media.  CloneDVD also allows you to perform some basic edits (like remove advertisements, alternate tracks,etc.).  As far as I know CloneCD doesn't let you perform any edits.

Thank you, this is very useful information.

However, if you're only going to get one thing from Slysoft, seriously consider AnyDVD.

Yes, I've figured that out, but AnyDVD seems pretty useless by itself, so it looks like you need to buy three products, and that's almost $100. Subtract the discount, add 20% VAT, still $100 :)

Finally - if you're considering buying from Slysoft, they've announced that starting on Jan 1 their products are going to be sold in Euros instead of Dollars (while keeping the numbers the same).  In effect, this is a 40% price increase.  So if you're going to buy you should do it before then.

I've seen that, yes :)  I must say this part seems somewhat disingenuous to me: Effective January 1, 2008, SlySoft will switch its pricing from U.S. dollars 1:1 to Euro. This will result in a price increase of about 40%. Nothing is stopping Slysoft from ensuring the conversion to Euro does not result in a price hike (or just upping the price in USD), they've just chosen to convert at 1:1 ratio.

The thing is, I've only seen one CD (a data CD I wanted to make a backup copy of) that I couldn't copy with Nero. That was a month ago, and I tried CloneCD, fully willing to buy it if it could copy that one disk - but it could not, either. Wouldn't even tell me what protection the CD was using or what the problem was. Through investgating files on the disk I found out it was SecureDisk (or was it SecureDrive?), which CloneCD claims to support.

I've never needed to copy a DVD disk yet - ever, though I expect this will change as I move my own storage to DVDs. I hardly watch any movies on DVD, so it's not a concern, but I do buy live (concert) DVDs occasionally, and I want to be able to extract audio tracks off those DVDs. (I have a dozen or so live DVDs I have never watched, but I listen to the audio tracks often). I used a program called DVD Audio Extractor once, trial version, but it didn't work with newer of those DVDs, so I had to resort to playing the DVDs on the computer and recording the audio stream. If CloneDVD doesn't do this yet, it seems like a good fit for its featureset.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:39 PM by tranglos »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 02:58 PM »
I've never needed to copy a DVD disk yet - ever, though I expect this will change as I move my own storage to DVDs. I hardly watch any movies on DVD, so it's not a concern, but I do buy live (concert) DVDs occasionally, and I want to be able to extract audio tracks off those DVDs.

From this I'm pretty sure that CloneDVD will not be something useful to you.  CloneDVD has nothing to do with data storage on DVDs - only DVD video.

However, it's possible that possible that AnyDVD might be very useful to you.  When you say that AnyDVD is useless by itself, that's kind of true; but what it does is make DVDs appear unprotected to other software on your system - not just Slysoft's other software.  I think there's a good chance that AnyDVD would enable the audio extraction software you're trying to use to work on protected disks.  At least, that's the idea - you should try it with the AnyDVD trial before buying, of course.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 05:02 PM »

I use DVD Shrink (free) with anydvd running in the background,works like a charm. :Thmbsup:

expat83

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 08:53 AM »

Thank you kindly for posting here, Expat. Would you mind if I ask a couple of questions here?

1. Your description of CloneCD reads in part: CloneCD is not only able to copy CDs but also most DVD formats, such as DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM. How much does CloneDVD offer above and beyond that? Or conversely, does CloneDVD copy CDs as well? (Yes, I'm trying to figure out if I can make do with only one ;) )

2. Is CloneDVD able to copy only audio tracks of a DVD? I'm a big fan of live music, but I'd rather listen then watch, so I often try to grab audio tracks from live DVDs (movies) and burn them to CDs. A few years ago this was somewhat easy, but I've been having much less luck recently, probably due to new formats or protection schemes. If CloneDVD does not have this ability right now, is it something you would consider adding?

Thanks a lot again!

CloneDVD allows you to configure the output with editing options and of course offers compression. CloneCD, even with the newly added features, is still a passive 1:1 duplicator. CloneDVD will not process CDs. Its primary intent is to process the output from AnyDVD,  compress it and offer burning options like Chapter trimming/splitting, Include or exclude the original menu, audio and language settings and other things. In short, an intelligent burner.

CloneDVD is not intended to copy only audio tracks.

I hope this info helps you.

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:55 AM »

CloneDVD is not intended to copy only audio tracks.

I hope this info helps you.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I'd already bought the three products in December (computers need Christmas gifts, too :) I wonder though if I could interest you in the feature of extracting audio tracks from DVDs. It would be terribly useful and should fit the general purpose of the software.

a_lunatic

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Fulltime Single Dad
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Slysoft 20% discount on all products Expires Wednesday, December 31 2008!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 05:59 PM »
See first post as they got a New update policy.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There are special coupons for returning customers if one asks and  also volume discounts.

You know, I own 3 of your products, and last winter I emailed you asking if the fact that I already owned 3 would get me a discount on another one.

Didn't get a reply - and I just decided I didnt need the product enough and could live without. If there was a more official scheme, or a member's area with that kind of information, you might have had the sale.