ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a small dockable, auto-hide notepad

<< < (3/5) > >>

Armando:
The fact that keynote is no longer developped is a big minus IMO.
It also lacks several features of more modern note takers.

Evernote is also a really nive noteprogram should try out.  :Thmbsup:
-masu (October 28, 2007, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I second that, of course.  :)
Free version available, powerful, fast.
Feature full.
Invoke it with ctrl + alt + n - appears instantly. And you can use win key + a to send anything to evernote instantly).
Easy to retrieve notes, search etc.
The best note taker and web clip collector IMHO

Dormouse:
Personally, I don't see Evernote as the same sort of program as Keynote. I use both, but in different ways.

rjbull:
The fact that keynote is no longer developped is a big minus IMO.
-Armando (November 02, 2007, 02:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

The fact that Keynote doesn't have even a modest implementation of Boolean searching is the big minus for me.  Nor, sadly, do any of the other free ones, as far as I know.

Armando:
Personally, I don't see Evernote as the same sort of program as Keynote. I use both, but in different ways.
-Dormouse (November 02, 2007, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they're not the same, of course (and no other software is exactly like one or the other). But Sri wants to "quickly jot down notes". For such a task, then can both do the job, and I believe there are some advantages in using Evernote. But it all depends on how you organize your stuff and function overall. These apps have to be tested.

The fact that Keynote doesn't have even a modest implementation of Boolean searching is the big minus for me.  Nor, sadly, do any of the other free ones, as far as I know.
-rjbull (November 02, 2007, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

EverNote does have basic boolean search. From the help file :

Both SmartSearch and search by Keyword Category offer advanced search syntax to allow you finding notes with OR, AND, and NOT between or within keywords, a keyword with leading spaces, a keyword inside another, a phrase, or any combination of these.
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
-rjbull (November 02, 2007, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

EverNote does have basic boolean search.
-Armando (November 02, 2007, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Armando; is that true even of the free version, not just the payware one?

Ideally I'd have liked something a little smaller, too  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version