ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you tag (or even organize) your files?

<< < (8/12) > >>

J-Mac:
I would love a nice, fairly simple but reliable tagging system for files and folders. I have been using Directory Opus for about two months but haven't really scratched the surface yet - though it doesn't appear that will help solve any significant document management deficiencies from Explorer. I have been using COllections, which are useful to an extent but not for tagging that I can see. Haven't really examined using colors yet. I see it is possible according to their help file, but I need to look harder at it.

But while tagging is a definite "want" for me, my needs are still more in the pure document management aspect. I too use only folders and subfolders currently. I haven't found anything that I felt confident enough in to abandon my folder system yet, rudimentary though it may be.

Heck, I still don't have a good way to just track documents properly, let alone overall management of them!  Still using spreadsheets - I haven't found a database program I can live with since good old dBase3+ !!

Jim

bardamu2000:
I am currently in the process of comparing TaggTool and tag2find (will take me the at least the weekend) and just ran across a blog entry at the tag2find web site: The companies funding has ceased!

This is the main reason, why development did not advance the last weeks (or month). They currently are evaluating to go open source, which might get very interesting. (And might also get them ahead of TaggToll, which based on the feature list is currently my first choice).

Armando:
The companies funding has ceased!
-bardamu2000 (January 17, 2008, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooooops! I guess it's sad news.
On the other had, it could also mean more possibilities, less restrictions --> open source MIGHT be a very good alternative, especially for something like tagging. No proprietary format for your tags!

(Link to the tag2find post : http://blog.tag2find.com/2008/01/15/an-inconvinient-truth-but-also-a-chance-for-the-future/#comments)

JasonColey:
Aladdins CategorieZ has had its share of bugs and problems, but is much, much better these days. In November the product was only a few months old, now however it is a finished product, with full documentation.

Also shares categories across networks using either Public folders (Exchange) or Shared network folders

tinjaw:
Aladdins CategorieZ has had its share of bugs and problems, but is much, much better these days. In November the product was only a few months old, now however it is a finished product, with full documentation.

Also shares categories across networks using either Public folders (Exchange) or Shared network folders
-JasonColey (February 19, 2008, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

But this only works with Outlook. This thread is about tagging files, not putting email in categories. What am I missing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version