ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

DragKing vs Remote Desktop

(1/2) > >>

floortap:
it seems like remote desktop is causing problems with dragking.

is there any way to have dragking ignore remote desktop windows?

thanks
andy--

jgpaiva:
I can make that fix, actually i have it almost ready.
The only thing missing, is the window class of the remote desktop windows which i can't fill out because i have no computer to remote desktop to.
So, you can just fill that out on the modified script i've made from DragKing. Currently, it ignores Opera windows, so, you have to replace opera's Window Class with Remote Desktop's Window Class. Here's what you should do:

* Install autohotkey.

* Run DragKingModified.

* Run the remote desktop application.

* Focus the RD application and select "window spy" from the tray menu of dragkingmodified.

* Click the RD application, and read the 3rd line in window spy. It must say "ahk_class " followed by the window class. You'll need that window class.

* Open DragKingModified with notepad, and search for "OpWindow". It should have 3 hits. Just replace those with the right window class and save the file.You're done! :D

PS:if you'd like to change the tray menu back to the normal dragking menu, go to line 188 and remove the initial ';' from ";Menu,Tray,NoStandard".

floortap:
thanks jgpaiva

i'm going to try to have it ignore both trillian and remote desktop windows. i'll let you know how it turns out :P

jgpaiva:
i'm going to try to have it ignore both trillian and remote desktop windows. i'll let you know how it turns out :P
-floortap (October 20, 2007, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok!
If you have any troubles, just post the window classes here and i'll change it for you ;)

kronhead:
I think I am having a similar problem with a program called SplashID from Splashdata. When I double click on a record to open it, Dragking is injecting a "C" which causes a change in my data. Can you make the same change for that - or point me the right point in the source code to add the addl window types? But I guess I need source code that is not yet released? Should I download the version you attached to your first reply, and follow those instructions?

The other weird thing that happens - but its not as serious - is: I use an alternative to windows explorer called xplorer2. When I double click on a directory to open it, it opens, but the name also gets copied to the clipboard. Same problem?

I should add that I *love* dragking - been looking for this capability for a while. But I wonder if maybe it ought to be more of an explicitly invoked function - like, only if you hold down shift or control or alt, or something like that. I am not sure that works with selecting text via the mouse - particularly with a laptop, which already needs 2 hands to move mouse and hold down the left button. My point was just that dragkind is almost TOO powerful - god-like, sort of! <g>

Anyway, let me know what I can do to help with my SplashID problem.

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version