topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Not looking for AutoClick, but for some auto-clicker ??  (Read 12924 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not looking for AutoClick, but for some auto-clicker ??
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Not skrommel's "AutoClick", but some auto-clicker ??

Some weeks ago I saw some program with the feature to auto-click annoying boxes / questions / popups, but have completely forgotten all about what was the name of it - and I don't recall if this feature was the sole purpose of the program, or just one of maybe many features. My problem right now is that my XP (still) is unstable, and at shutdown I will quite too often be told that this or that program is waiting for me to click some button. This is of course annoying / frustrating, because the PC won't close until the (F-rated) button has been clicked - even though I am using Brutus > "Kill hanging apps",- and I simply NEED some app  or another  to auto-click these totally stupid boxes.

I am (almost) certain such an app is around, but what is the name of it, please??   :tellme:

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not looking for AutoClick, but for some auto-clicker ??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:15 PM »
PTFBPro is one such app:  http://www.ptfbpro.com/

I tried it for its macro capabilities, but didn't take to it.

One problem that you'll have with solving this problem is that when Windows is shutting down I assume that it's as likely as not to have already shutdown whatever auto clicking program you have running before it gets around to trying to close the app that's causing your problems.  I don't know if there's a reliable way to have a program designated as 'the last program Windows should shut down'.

kiwi2b

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:31 PM »
You could try ClickOff at http://www.johannesh...r.com/en/index.shtml, but it may have the same problem mwb1100 mentioned. :-[

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:09 AM »
I should of course have told that I use Process Explorer as task manager and Startup Delayer as startup manager. One result of this combination is that (most of) the programs wil be closed in the same order they were started. So "all" I have to do is, to have the New Program starting as the last program, and it will also be the last to close.

Thank you for the links (they were both new to me).   :up:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 02:59 AM »
... So "all" I have to do is, to have the New Program starting as the last program, and it will also be the last to close.

... no, not in the case of ClickOff. It turns out that ClickOff will not be placed in Start, but will move itself back - meaning that ClickOff always will be among the first programs to close. This is not too smart, I think, so I am off to write the author, and to test PTFBPro.

Edit: - but PTFBPro is $30, so I am kind of still in the need...

---
(Edit2, for bad wording)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 04:13 AM by Curt »

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Just create a shortcut to force shutdown and your problem should be solved.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Edit: - but PTFBPro is $30, so I am kind of still in the need...

Yeah, I should have mentioned that PTFTBPro is not free.  There's an old thread here that points to the last free version of PFTB (as well as a couple other options):

https://www.donation...index.php?topic=2773

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Thanx for the link to the 1½ year old thread, mwb1100; good detective work!  :up:

So it was the 25 dollar Dialog Devil   that started me off - seems like a really fine program. I am testing the gratis ClickOff some more, though, and so far it will do - mainly, perhaps, because my PC has been acting decently today...

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 09:17 PM »

it's an alternative task scheduler, but also support acting on windows and send keypresses etc.
http://www.splinterw...products/wincron.htm

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 04:25 PM »
http://www.splinterw...products/wincron.htm

Mouse Clicks

In the Sendkeys field that is mostly used for sending keypresses, special keys and macros there is also a limited facility to send mouse clicks.

The mouse click command consists simply of indicating which button to click (left or right) and the co-ordinates on the screen (x,y) to click. With the ability of windows to be on different parts of the screen often it is difficult to get a mouse click to always click the right co-ordinates, sometimes running an application maximized will help to guarantee that your mouse click command will always hit the right button or other control.
-System Scheduler's Helpfile

I don't think I can use System Scheduler, because of "the co-ordinates on the screen". The various messages don't have the exact same size, so the buttons to click will not all show up at the same co-ordinate. Besides, I am using Dialog Move, and I really don't want to have to remember to leave my cursor at the exact same place at every shutdown. Furthermore, ClickOff is easy to learn how to use, but System Scheduler is difficult / tiresome to (not) figure out.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 05:02 PM »
... So "all" I have to do is, to have the New Program starting as the last program, and it will also be the last to close.

... no, not in the case of ClickOff. It turns out that ClickOff will not be placed in Start, but will move itself back -

Sometimes it is good to be wrong!  :)

I shouldn't have tried to move ClickOff to Start. It turns out that merely adjusting the starting order, using Startup Delayer, was all it took. Now ClickOff is The Last to start, and, more important, The Last to close - meaning it can handle all of the shutdown procedure. Problem solved!

Thank you for trying to help me out, and extra thanx to kiwi2b for the link to ClickOff:up:

kiwi2b

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Glad to help. 8)

PaladinMJ

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:33 PM »
ClickWhen (timed mouse clicks)
Set up an automated mouse click to run on a window after a user-defined period of time.

http://lifehacker.co...0Installer%200.2.exe
When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 11:03 PM »
PaladinMJ: in the future, try post links to the page itself or at least put some description of the program instead of a link to the exe.. :)

clickwhen-timer.png

http://lifehacker.co...clickwhen-260445.php

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 05:32 AM »
Or another free alternative to ClickWhen: Delayed Click, which doesn't restore minimized applications, but can trigger the click depending of appearance/disappearance of a window caption.
Screenshot - 22.1.2008 , 12_26_25.png

PaladinMJ

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 03:33 AM »
PaladinMJ: in the future, try post links to the page itself or at least put some description of the program instead of a link to the exe.. :)

oops thought i did, as a snagged the link off of my bookmarks doh!!

sorry bout that
When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.