ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Firefox Extension Contest (deadline december 2007) - DC CODING CONTEST TOO

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
Does anyone from DC want to give this a try?
I hope we get at least one submission.. if so i'll try to make the present for doing it extra special.  8)

cmpm:
I've looked at quite a few extensions, addons, and programs to update all my bookmarks favicons and pages in one step.

The closest I've come is 'Favicon Picker 2', which allows adding your own icons to websites without one. Which is cool.

But here is what I'd like. I'd like to be able to automatically save the websites favicon to a favicon folder that won't get cleaned by cleaning the cache or other places that need cleaning at times.

I want to put a shortcut to a site on my desktop or anywhere with the correct icon and not the default firefox one.

Perhaps a 'rule' like in e-mail programs for certain files.

Although I have heard that some favicons are dangerous and blocked for good reasons. Don't know the reasons but I came across that bit of info somewhere.

Perhaps something like Neodownloader Lite which downloads all graphics from a site. But have it download all favicons from bookmarks and use a folder for choosing the right favicon.

Sheesh...I think I could have said all that with fewer words...lol...:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version