ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the point of FlashGot (Firfox extension)?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
I don't get what FlashGot is for.  If you have a download manager installed on your system, what does flashgot do to make it better.  It seems to me that it's a manager for download managers.  I installed it and I'm trying it with IDM, and i don't see how it makes any difference whether I have it on or not.  I don't get it.

CGA:
If you have several managers installed it makes it easy to choose which one you want to use for a particular download (or choose not to use an external download manager at all).

Josh:
Yes, I also dont understand this. I dont see why you would have more than one d/l manager installed anyways.

superboyac:
If you have several managers installed it makes it easy to choose which one you want to use for a particular download (or choose not to use an external download manager at all).
-CGA (October 19, 2007, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK!  I can see how it helps for that.

Yes, I also dont understand this. I dont see why you would have more than one d/l manager installed anyways.
-Josh (October 19, 2007, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guess when you need a download manager that has a specific feature, you can switch and use that one, then switch back to your regular manager.

Lashiec:
Maybe this would help you? (I admit I don't have a clue about what download managers can do out of the box in Firefox)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version