ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Cropping broke my image and Undo didn't fix it

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi mouser,

I was working on an image in Screenshot Captor, making text boxes and arrows and things, and decided I wanted to crop the image.

Well, silly me, I'm used to every other image editing software in existence in that you select the crop tool before selecting the area to crop. So I clicked crop and it cropped the entire image to the last selected area, which was a text box I was working on.

"Oh noes!" I said to myself, "What have I done?" Thankfully, I'm a semi-intelligent lifeform and I remembered about the powerful Undo feature.

I quickly pressed Ctrl-Z and got the image back, but something was very, very, VERY wrong!!!11eleventyone

The text box that the image had been cropped to was now in the top left corner of the image. That's no problem, I could just move it back to it's old position without much effort. But that wasn't the only problem! :'(

All the other text boxes and arrows were gone! And no amount of undo would bring them back. They're dead and they're not coming back.  :'( :'( :'(

Please remove this gross and negligent behavior from Screenshot Captor or else Cody gets it!

Cropping broke my image and Undo didn't fix it

I've been practicing! >:(!!!!

jgpaiva:
Well.. Regarding the crop function, actually paint.net also works like that, i prefer that behaviour.
You're right about undo, though. It should really Undo :)

PS: you probably should use the m4, with that lame gun, you won't have enough accuracy to kill cody :P

Deozaan:
Well.. Regarding the crop function, actually paint.net also works like that, i prefer that behaviour.
You're right about undo, though. It should really Undo :)
-jgpaiva (October 18, 2007, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't mind the odd crop behavior. It's definitely rare in the way it works, but it's okay enough... as long as Undo works properly.

mouser:
i will actually see if i can't fix that.. it's hard to preserve all the object position changes that happen when you crop.

Deozaan:
i will actually see if i can't fix that.. it's hard to preserve all the object position changes that happen when you crop.
-mouser (October 18, 2007, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Placing them in their proper positions isn't nearly as annoying as having to create them again and type out the text again.

Or maybe make it so you can't crop while in Object Selection mode?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version