ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What are your Top Tech/Software Newsletters?

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Ok following hot on the heels of our threads on:

* What are your top 10 Tech/Software Blogs?
* What are Your Top Tech/Software Podcasts?
It's time for a thread on Top Tech/Software Newsletters!

I'll start out with a few I like:

* Gizmo's TechSupport Alert Newsletter - a must read by a great guy, for true software lovers.  Free and paid subscriptions available.
* Windows Secrets Newsletter - Recently absorbed Fred Langa's newsletter Langalist, and so now it's better than ever.  Free and paid versions.
* Cliff's Notes Newsletter - Based on Cliff's freeware wiki, great site for freeware discoveries. Free.
What have i left out?

PhilB66:
What have i left out?
-mouser (October 18, 2007, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

DonationCoder Newsletter  :D

tomos:
hah, they're the four i get  :D
well, no, - they're the four I get that I more or less always read :)

Ah, I read Daves Computer Tips as well -
has an offer of 20% discount for Acronis True Image with current issue [EDIT: offer available in current newsletter]
Might be a bit basic for average dc reader/member :-\ but, e.g. did a very good spyware tests a while back & does
regular tips & tricks for Word and Open Office.
[EDIT: Also even though he starts basic (phew) he does go into things in great detail - I learning lots]

TechRepublic have various newsletters - I get the WinXP one
but dont read it that much..
some interesting articles though & often interesting comments on site
(seems to be aimed at IT people but often have quite basic stuff too - yeah even for me!)

Darwin:
I get the paid versions of both Gizmo's TechSupport Alert Newsletter and Windows Secrets Newsletter (have they done away with the paid version recently?).

Lashiec:
And Scot's Newsletter, which is going to be a blog in a while, adopting a similar system to DC's own newsletter. Hmmm, considering that Gizmo's newsletter is being blocked by Yahoo! spam filter, maybe it's a good option.

Ehm, no, Windows Secrets continues to have a paid version, but it's not as featured in the normal newsletter as before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version