ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Counter-Strike Fun

(1/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Wordzilla recently got a server that he's using for a dedicated DC IRC server, as well as some other things. One of those other things is Counter-Strike. The game is free and Wordzilla has the download on his server. Come to the IRC channel or send Wordzilla a PM for information on where to download the client as well as the password to join the servers.

Once you get it installed, launch the game and click Find Servers, then go to the Favorites tab and select Add Server. Enter in the following details:

Counter-Strike Fun
Click for larger image
As you can see, there are actually twelve different maps being hosted. Each one will need to be entered manually. Here's the list of all current maps being hosted.

We've had some fun already playing the game. We've had mouser, hamradio, scancode, jgpaiva, Josh, mitzevo, and others play. Come join the fun! Below are some screenshots.

Counter-Strike Fun
Cody helps me improve my aim
Counter-Strike Fun
I wonder who is behind these doors?
Counter-Strike Fun
You were warned! It's me, waiting to ambush!
For those of you interested, the way we got Cody and my Deozaan Inside logo in the game was through using a custom decal. The instructions are kind of puzzling at first, but we just used a program called Easy Decal to convert an image to a decal. Then you need to rename the decal to tempdecal.wad and put it in your cstrike directory, overwriting any other tempdecal.wad you may have in there. But you're not finished. This is the most important part. You need to make the tempdecal.wad read-only so it isn't overwritten when you start the game. And there you have it!

EDIT: Added link to IRC channel.

Wordzilla:
Nice job Deozaan! Thanks for the intro.

btw, it's super easy to join our IRC channel (even if you are not familiar with IRC stuff) - simple visit:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=chat

or http://chat.codytalk.net/ if the above one doesn't work.

p3lb0x:
That was fun even if it was a bit laggy

lanux128:
i can't get to connect.. is the server under maintenance?

Wordzilla:
Lanux join IRC channel and get server info.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version