ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (102/235) > >>

tomos:
I think I am going to have to write a song about SQLNotes.
-superboyac (January 28, 2008, 10:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D

oops, hadnt seen page 21 yet

David1904:
There are a number of ways to do this, each with advantages and disadvantages. The first way that comes to mind is to:
1- In the "AddressBook" grid, create families and members as sub-items. Add pertinent information (age group, etc)
2- In an "Events" grid, create events with all pertinent information (date, location, etc)
3- To link the two, select participants (families or individual persons) and add them as sub-items of the event (tag the items and add tagged items as subs). More details if desired.
Visually, it will work quite well.
As for the pivot table analysis, a proposed modification (by superboyac) will allow the pivot table to compile statistics for such a grid (the current pivot cannot since the source is not well defined).

I can build such a solution if you wish. Approx time: 10-15 min.
-PPLandry (January 28, 2008, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I tried what you suggested - but when right clicking an item to tag it, I got "Dancing Alone" with a date of 28/11/2007 appearing as a sub item under the first individual in the first family. I found that item is in the Music Libray grid - and can't see how it got connected
Probably I need a few more details and a bit of help on this one! - I'm not really a database person.

Thanks,
David

tomos:
I was just trying to add items as sub-items via tagging -
it worked but I got a second blank sub-item each time as well as the one that had been tagged -
when I removed* it I saw there was info in it, just that it's item name was blank
-
just thinking now could it have been something that was tagged previously - does tagging remain until removed?

* actually I deleted it but believe I should have selected "Remove parent link" from context menu instead....

tomos:
I got "Dancing Alone" with a date of 28/11/2007 appearing as a sub item under the first individual in the first family. I found that item is in the Music Libray grid - and can't see how it got connected
-David1904 (January 29, 2008, 04:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

going by my previous post,
you could try removing all items from tag list (again, in context menu its in with "add items to tag list" entry) and then try again

tomos:
I got "Dancing Alone" with a date of 28/11/2007 appearing as a sub item under the first individual in the first family. I found that item is in the Music Libray grid - and can't see how it got connected
-David1904 (January 29, 2008, 04:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

going by my previous post,
you could try removing all items from tag list (again, in context menu its in with "add items to tag list" entry) and then try again-tomos (January 29, 2008, 04:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

tried a couple of test items here -
when I clear the tag list, it works as expected

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version