ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (100/235) > >>

PPLandry:
bump -
still happening with daily build from 26th Jan
-tomos (January 28, 2008, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Can you send the file, functionlog.txt and if possible the steps to reproduce it ? betasupport@...

PPLandry:
Thanks Tomos for pin-pointing the bug. It is now fixed in the daily build.

To reproduce the bug:
in html window,
press return button and start typing on the second line
Type the double quote symbol i.e. ["] without brackets of course!
then type any word
then press space bar

This is due to an yet-to-be-released wiki-style hyperlinks feature in the HTML pane. Will soon release this feature.
The wiki-style links will work in one of 2 ways

* 1- enter [ID lists] will create a hyperlink. Click on the hyperlink and those items will be displayed

* 2- enter [a wiki tag] will create a hyperlink. Click on the hyperlink and all items with that wiki tag will be displayed

David1904:
Is it possible to have hierachies/sub items within dates AND within some text grouping at the same time (ie thinking of the basketball scoring - can there be groups of players as well as groups of dates)
-David1904 (January 28, 2008, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you provide an example ?
-PPLandry (January 28, 2008, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, where you have a situation of families attending a regular event and you want to be able to record both the presence of family units at one or more events and also individual presence at one or more events (when sometimes only some family members are present). It would be be good to be able to produce a pivot table/chart showing attendance by family and/or individual on a per week/month/year basis. A further refinement is where individuals might also belong to one of three or four age brackets and you want to analyse attendance by either family representation, or perhaps individual participation, within those age brackets.

Thanks,

David

PPLandry:
There are a number of ways to do this, each with advantages and disadvantages. The first way that comes to mind is to:
1- In the "AddressBook" grid, create families and members as sub-items. Add pertinent information (age group, etc)
2- In an "Events" grid, create events with all pertinent information (date, location, etc)
3- To link the two, select participants (families or individual persons) and add them as sub-items of the event (tag the items and add tagged items as subs). More details if desired.
Visually, it will work quite well.
As for the pivot table analysis, a proposed modification (by superboyac) will allow the pivot table to compile statistics for such a grid (the current pivot cannot since the source is not well defined).

I can build such a solution if you wish. Approx time: 10-15 min.

superboyac:
I think I am going to have to write a song about SQLNotes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version