ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (99/235) > >>

David1904:
Pierre,

I created a new field called attendance date and put yesterdays date in it - about a dozen entries. Previously I had created a grid with a Date field in it with two entries having a date about 2 weeks earlier.
I deleted that column from showing in the grid, so the only field/column showing with a date in it is Attendance date.
However, when I try and create a pivottable, it insists on finding the old deleted dates (as well as the new ones) whenever I put Date into the pivot table - there is no Attendance date field showing in the field pick list.
Can you help me out here - I can't seem to find anything addressing this in the wiki etc.

Thanks,

David 8)

David1904:
Sorry Pierre,

When I put the original Date field back I realised I had not deleted all the dates out of that column.
Closing and then re opening seemed to allow the Attendance date to show in the field pick list this time (didn't seem to on earlier attempts)
Is it possible to have hierachies/sub items within dates AND within some text grouping at the same time (ie thinking of the basketball scoring - can there be groups of players as well as groups of dates)
Thanks,

David

PPLandry:
However, when I try and create a pivottable, it insists on finding the old deleted dates (as well as the new ones) whenever I put Date into the pivot table - there is no Attendance date field showing in the field pick list.
Can you help me out here - I can't seem to find anything addressing this in the wiki etc.
-David1904 (January 28, 2008, 02:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Keep in mind that grids are just views of your data. Removing a column from a grid does not delete the column data. It just removes it so you don't see it (this is not Excel!)
To delete some data, you can

* select the dates (in this case) and press the delete key

* Delete the field (View>Manage Fields)

PPLandry:
Is it possible to have hierachies/sub items within dates AND within some text grouping at the same time (ie thinking of the basketball scoring - can there be groups of players as well as groups of dates)
-David1904 (January 28, 2008, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you provide an example ?

tomos:
I'm not sure what's going on here...
in html pane: simply typing, out of the blue I get

---------------------------
SQLNotes
Run-time error '3704':

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
OK   
---------------------------had this twice in the last two days - with different builds
any ideas?
-tomos (January 25, 2008, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

bump -
still happening with daily build from 26th Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version