ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (93/235) > >>

Armando:
These entries about using the scratchpad came out in google :
http://www.sqlnotes.net/ReleaseNotes/tabid/58/Default.aspx
http://www.sqlnotes.net/Forums/tabid/54/forumid/2/threadid/810/scope/posts/Default.aspx

M: Double-click on a field in the properties pane now displays that field as a column in the scratchpad (same as Ecco)

--- End quote ---

M: Can now open multiple scratchpad and search results grids at the same time. Shift-click on the grid toolbar to open a new one. Right-click on tab to move to a different tab group to see them side by side.

--- End quote ---

Soo, you see : it even seems that you can have multiple scratchpad.   :) I just learned that, tried it, but can't seem to achieve the desired results...

superboyac:
Thanks Armando, I'll have to mess with that soon.

tomos:
As part of the GTD implementation, new quick Add Item form is now available. CTRL-N to open it. A system-wide shortcut is also available to open it from anywhere (CTRL-ALT-N): (see attachment in previous post)

You can enter item text, decide into which folder to put it in (normally, the inbox) and put a due date if required-PPLandry (January 11, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm trying to figure out what they are in the drop down list - are they all yes/no fields maybe/I think - yes, apart from "Adress" :-\
You call them folders (thought there wasnt any of them in SQL :P)

What I would love to see:-
want to organise my ToDo by Projects & maybe a couple of miscellaneous or whatever
If (in this Crtl+Alt+N box) I could save stuff in ToDo grid - but also choose an item (Project) and make the note a sub-item of this item

So then when I go in to ToDo I can look at a particular project or two, or naturally I can sort in some other way if preferred

Then, even better, if I could number them in some way that if I drag an item up the line the number changes
I suspect that's not likely possible - I'm trying to think of some way that I can easily change the order of the items - in order to make them show in order of importance. eg. new item that I want to slot into place three in a list of ten items
Then I could hopefuly show the top few from each project by filtering

PPLandry:
A few posts mentioned HTML pane export. I'm proposing to expand the current HTML export feature to include a check box to add the HTML pane text below the item as in this screenshot. Expand-collapse buttons will continue to work to show/hide sub-items
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

What do you think ? :tellme:

Armando:
Well, it looks good to me! Especially if it's still possible to expand-collapse the hierarchy.

But would it be possible to also collapse the "HTML note" inside each item, maybe with an extra button/link saying "see text"... Would be possible? That would probably be the best (depending on how big is the item list, and how much text/image is in each item's "HTML pane").

PS : Hope your trip went nicely!  :)

Edit : is there an option in the menus, apart from the toolbar, for the HTML export? nevermind... I just saw it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version