ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (92/235) > >>

superboyac:
Superboyac - you live up to your screen name. I wish I could wade into the guts of programme as you have on this and other occasions and really wring them out. I install programmes and dabble - you OWN them. Awesome  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (January 17, 2008, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the words, Darwin!  Well, I don't do this with all programs, but I think SQLNotes is going to be really important in the future.  My thing is that I don't like to waste my life with needlessly repetitive tasks or things that take longer than they should.  So, computers are perfect for that.  They allow me to concentrate my time on things that really matter by doing all the dirty work for me.  SQLNotes is a great example of this.  I can have so much of my life's important information available with a click in this program.  That's going to be very useful.

tomos:
I'm miles behind Superboyac but still see things I've been looking for for years in other programmes as possible here

Darwin:
OK - you two have convinced me, time to install the latest build (I've got an old one from before Christmas installed and haven't been using it - no time)...   :)

Armando:
What is the Scratch Pad for and does it function any differently from any other grid?
-superboyac (January 17, 2008, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is how I use the scratch pad :

1- I use it for preliminary data gathering.

2- But, mostly, when I want to have an quick idea of "which field is populated with what data", or "what data is populating this particular field", I open the property pane, double click on a field, and the scratchpad automatically updates itself and shows what item contains data pertaining to that field. it might have other uses I don't know about.

Armando:
However I'll be off-line for a few days. -PPLandry (January 16, 2008, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

We're going to beautiful Quebec city for a few days.
-PPLandry (January 16, 2008, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been a while since I've been there. I used to have friends in Quebec, but now they're all in Montreal... So...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version