ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (86/235) > >>

tomos:
or toggle the filter (left of the filter edit box)
-PPLandry (January 15, 2008, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
  :(
when I do that I loose all the sub-items (of the only item with sub-items) and when I click it again
they dont comeback (tried F5) ... -tomos (January 15, 2008, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
ok,
when I closed programme I got
---------------------------
Sql-notes
Access violation at address 7C901010 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0000004C.
OK   
but when I restarted the missing sub-items are there

superboyac:
1- Export to Excel works fine here. Writes to the same folder as the database, name=gridname.xls. We can examine why it doesn't work for you.
2- To print with the HTML pane info, best is to do a template based HTML export. See this link:
http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/Invoices
-PPLandry (January 15, 2008, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK, the excel is working fine now.

I have to be honest, I'm not really able to follow that wiki article about the invoices.  For one thing, what is the fieldname for the HTML pane?  In the Word template, how do I make it automatically construct the item I have selected and automatically include the children?

Basically, here is what I want to do:  I want to create a generic export template where whatever I have selected in the grid of SQLNotes, the exported document will show that selected item and all of it's child items (properly indented) and also include any html pane text next to it.  SO, I just select an item, export it, and the whole outline is reconstructed in word.

By the way, I am getting the grey box bug that Armando was talking about earlier again.  it happens because my properties pane is on auto-hide, then when I mouse over to show it, and then it rolls back in, but the grey box still shows.

PPLandry:
For a quick and easy printout with the HTML pane info, best is to:
1- Add the HTML field to the grid (right-click on column heading, check ItemHTML field
2- Select items to print
3- HTML export, use the settings tab
4- There are numerous options. Play around with them.

As for the grey panel, it is a bug in the menu toolkit I'm using. Update have been published. I'll update my version for the next release (0.9.22).

PPLandry:
Access violation at address 7C901010 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0000004C.
-tomos (January 15, 2008, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't use that dll directly, but it is used by IE and the HTML Edit is also based on IE. Googling shows that many things can cause such errors, including
- Windows XP without SP2
- IE add-ons

I'll keep an eye open for this.

Armando:
@Armando:
Using MSWord as the HTML Editor is an excellent idea. :Thmbsup: Making a full featured editor is a big job which I'd like to postpone if I can. Preliminary test seem good. I can create a word document in a window and load text into it. Menus are OK too. Main thing left to fix: docked toolbars do not show.
-PPLandry (January 14, 2008, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

fast pace!  :)

I got this idea thinking of how Outlook 2003 offers the choice of using word as the email editor.

Will your "version" integrate MS Word's "engine" inside SQLNotes' interface (like SQLNotes original html' UI is part of SQLNotes, or like MS Word can be Outlook's email word processor) ? Or will Word and SQLNotes' UI and engine remain 2 very distinct  BUT communicating entities?

(You don't have to answer... I'm thinking out loud.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version