topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SQLNotes...what is it exactly?  (Read 834389 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SQLNotes...what is it exactly?
« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2008, 04:50 PM »
or toggle the filter (left of the filter edit box)
  :(
when I do that I loose all the sub-items (of the only item with sub-items) and when I click it again
they dont comeback (tried F5) ...
ok,
when I closed programme I got
---------------------------
Sql-notes
Access violation at address 7C901010 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0000004C.
OK   
but when I restarted the missing sub-items are there
Tom

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2008, 05:44 PM »
1- Export to Excel works fine here. Writes to the same folder as the database, name=gridname.xls. We can examine why it doesn't work for you.
2- To print with the HTML pane info, best is to do a template based HTML export. See this link:
http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/Invoices
OK, the excel is working fine now.

I have to be honest, I'm not really able to follow that wiki article about the invoices.  For one thing, what is the fieldname for the HTML pane?  In the Word template, how do I make it automatically construct the item I have selected and automatically include the children?

Basically, here is what I want to do:  I want to create a generic export template where whatever I have selected in the grid of SQLNotes, the exported document will show that selected item and all of it's child items (properly indented) and also include any html pane text next to it.  SO, I just select an item, export it, and the whole outline is reconstructed in word.

By the way, I am getting the grey box bug that Armando was talking about earlier again.  it happens because my properties pane is on auto-hide, then when I mouse over to show it, and then it rolls back in, but the grey box still shows.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • InfoQube Information manager
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2008, 06:25 PM »
For a quick and easy printout with the HTML pane info, best is to:
1- Add the HTML field to the grid (right-click on column heading, check ItemHTML field
2- Select items to print
3- HTML export, use the settings tab
4- There are numerous options. Play around with them.

As for the grey panel, it is a bug in the menu toolkit I'm using. Update have been published. I'll update my version for the next release (0.9.22).
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Access violation at address 7C901010 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0000004C.
I don't use that dll directly, but it is used by IE and the HTML Edit is also based on IE. Googling shows that many things can cause such errors, including
- Windows XP without SP2
- IE add-ons

I'll keep an eye open for this.
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2008, 09:32 PM »
@Armando:
Using MSWord as the HTML Editor is an excellent idea. :Thmbsup: Making a full featured editor is a big job which I'd like to postpone if I can. Preliminary test seem good. I can create a word document in a window and load text into it. Menus are OK too. Main thing left to fix: docked toolbars do not show.

fast pace!  :)

I got this idea thinking of how Outlook 2003 offers the choice of using word as the email editor.

Will your "version" integrate MS Word's "engine" inside SQLNotes' interface (like SQLNotes original html' UI is part of SQLNotes, or like MS Word can be Outlook's email word processor) ? Or will Word and SQLNotes' UI and engine remain 2 very distinct  BUT communicating entities?

(You don't have to answer... I'm thinking out loud.)

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2008, 09:34 PM »
It is fully integrated. Instead of the HTML IE based editor, it is Word in the window. Word is not seen as a running app in the taskbar (but visible in the processed of course)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2008, 09:47 PM »
A-MA-ZING. Very exciting.

Pierre, it seems like it's going to be *really* powerful... + no redundancy (well, in my case, since I'm using Word as my main Word Processor).

(Aren't there any restrictions with MS licenses, etc.?)

Also, for the above mentioned bug (Access violation at address 7C901010 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0000004C).  Could it be related to the Trident/IE engine? And so, would the gecko engine make a difference and... could it be used (unless that would involve licensing complexities + huge rewrites...)? I'm by no means an expert, of course...

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Using IE or Gecko is messy stuff. I'm using a wrapper to isolate me from that. I would not want to write such a wrapper for the Gecko engine  :(. So it will be IE or Word (or a third party)

re: licences: If word is installed, anybody can call it
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:53 PM by PPLandry »

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Using IE or Gecko is messy stuff. I'm using a wrapper to isolate me from that. I would not want to write such a wrapper for the Gecko engine  :(. So it will be IE or Word (or a third party)

I see...  :)

re: licences: If word is installed, anybody can call it

Convenient.

OK. SQLNotes date filter related question : there's something I don't quite get with the "date filter". I'm probably missing something.

Why is this item still showing when the date filter is set to : "Due < 12 janvier 2008 ....... 0 days"

Screenshot - 2008-01-15 , 22_50_11.jpg

Edit : BTW : When the filter is set to "11 janvier 2008", the item finally disappears.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:05 PM by Armando »

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Just edited my post

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2008, 10:11 PM »
You probably have week view or month view set. Read Todo < week of xx jan 2008

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Day view ([1]) is selected.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24 PM »
I think this is a small bug. 12 jan + 1 day duration does give 13 jan but it should be < 13 jan, I use <=13 jan.

It is now fixed.

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Nice.
(Going to bed now... trying to get back some sleep...  :'( )

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #439 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I updated my SQL with the latest build, then I opened up my transcript grid and the information is not showing and I'm getting the following message:
Screenshot_20080116-091127.pngSQLNotes...what is it exactly?

As far as I can tell, I have the correct filters and everything shown.  In fact, I didn't change anything from the last time I had it working, so I don't know what I did.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #440 on: January 16, 2008, 11:58 AM »
I'll check it, did you try a repair ?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #441 on: January 16, 2008, 12:09 PM »
I'll check it, did you try a repair ?
Yes, but it didn't fix it.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #442 on: January 16, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I updated my SQL with the latest build, then I opened up my transcript grid and the information is not showing and I'm getting the following message: (see attachment in previous post)
As far as I can tell, I have the correct filters and everything shown.  In fact, I didn't change anything from the last time I had it working, so I don't know what I did.
I changed the daily build last night, started okay,
but I got that message on starting today & programme didnt open - on second attempt it opened with everything there
Tom

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #443 on: January 16, 2008, 12:18 PM »
OK, I did some changes to the field parsing and you need to include the source with [  ] due to the underscore in the field name. I'll fix that issue.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #444 on: January 16, 2008, 12:49 PM »
OK, I did some changes to the field parsing and you need to include the source with [  ] due to the underscore in the field name. I'll fix that issue.
Fixed in the latest build

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #445 on: January 16, 2008, 04:20 PM »
OK, thanks.  By the way, if I rename the grid, does the field name (the field with the check box) for it get automatically updated also?

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #446 on: January 16, 2008, 04:22 PM »
OK, thanks.  By the way, if I rename the grid, does the field name (the field with the check box) for it get automatically updated also?
No. There is no connection between field name and grid name (this is by design)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #447 on: January 16, 2008, 04:34 PM »
No. There is no connection between field name and grid name (this is by design)
Then, when I rename a grid, how do I know which checkbox is associated with that grid in cases where I want to include that grid's data into another grid?

Also, a weird thing has been happening with my HTML Pane content the last few days.  The text inside appears in random places.  Like, just now, I got the pane content I wrote in another grid show up in one of the items of my transcript grid.  Something is buggy about it.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #448 on: January 16, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Then, when I rename a grid, how do I know which checkbox is associated with that grid in cases where I want to include that grid's data into another grid?
If you show the grid source bar, you'll see the source criteria. If it is a single field, then it's easy, you see items in that field, otherwise, it is all items which meet those criteria. From http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/Filtering :
---------
Source takes more than just an Property name, in fact its a filter also. Its the query that indicates what items are selected for the current Grid. For example, instead of just AddressBook you could put AddressBook and Archived is null to only show unarchived contacts.
The reason why Source and Filter are kept separate is so you can keep the Source constant as you tweak the Filter as described above
---------

Also, a weird thing has been happening with my HTML Pane content the last few days.  The text inside appears in random places.  Like, just now, I got the pane content I wrote in another grid show up in one of the items of my transcript grid.  Something is buggy about it.
I'll check it some more

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2008, 05:35 PM »

This seems very much like the "bug" I previously mentioned about the html pane (in one of my long posts).