ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (84/235) > >>

PPLandry:
That's because when creating a new grid, if the grid name corresponds to the name of an existing field, SQLNotes automatically sets the grid source to that field.

But don't forget, data and UI are separate things in SQLNotes.

So if you delete the Inbox grid, the inbox data still exist. And the inbox data can be displayed in more than 1 grid. You could for example decide to show the inbox items along with other items in the ToDos grid (add " OR Inbox" to the source and perhaps to the filter)

I hope that this is clear as mud (or as slushy winter streets)  :-[

tomos:
the inbox data can be displayed in more than 1 grid. You could for example decide to show the inbox items along with other items in the ToDos grid (add " OR Inbox" to the source and perhaps to the filter)

I hope that this is clear as mud (or as slushy winter streets)  :-[-PPLandry (January 15, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

ehh, I'm learning about SQL since trying to implement this (showing inbox in a different grid) but havent been sucessful so far, the filter bar has disappeared (since adding the daily release I think) I can only find date filter in menu..
added "or inbox" to source (of ToDo Grid), no difference,
added column called inbox but that just shows as tick-box after current entries

Got it I think - show Source bar. hmmm
filter says:-
FollowUp or ((( ToDo < now + 15 ) and due is null ) or urgency >= -7 or (due-now<6)) and ( done is null  or int(now) - done < 5)can I add it there somehow?

PPLandry:
put it at the beginning Inbox OR FollowUp ...

tomos:
-PPLandry (January 15, 2008, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:
could you though introduce them as sub-items to they same grid?

PPLandry:
-PPLandry (January 15, 2008, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:
could you though introduce them as sub-items to they same grid?
-tomos (January 15, 2008, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you talking about inbox items, they are created without any parent assignment. No parents -> not a sub-item. If you assign parents to them, then yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version