ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (77/235) > >>

PPLandry:
bug alert:  If I press "Enter" in the HTML pane, nothing happens.  This was fine before.
-superboyac (January 11, 2008, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll check it. When this happens, click on the source text box (top left) and then back to the HTML pane. Enter will work (the grid is eating up the key  >:()

PPLandry:
As part of the GTD implementation, new quick Add Item form is now available. CTRL-N to open it. A system-wide shortcut is also available to open it from anywhere (CTRL-ALT-N):

You can enter item text, decide into which folder to put it in (normally, the inbox) and put a due date if required

Plus... now you can show/hide an HTML box. SQLNotes can now much more easily be used as a web-clipping tool:

* browse to a web page

* Select some text

* copy (right-click or CTRL-C)

* CTRL-ALT-N (will open the above form)

* paste (right-click or CTRL-V)

* click Add Item (or Alt-A). An item has been created with your clipping, put in the inbox, ready for you to file it appropriately later-on

* focus is then restored to the browser (or whereever you were before hitting the hot-key.

PPLandry:
More for pivot tables:
Can I have the pivot tables auto-hide?  Can I have more than one open at once?  Can I save the pivot tables somehow?  When I close the pivot table after I had docked it horizontally split, when I reopen, it opens full-screen again.  Is there a way to save the last used setting?
-superboyac (January 11, 2008, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
1- To open the same pivot more than once, open the grid more than once and then show the pivot for each one. To open a grid more than once, shift-click on the grid button
2- Grids and pivots currently open in the tab-workspace. There are improvements coming to grids and pivots:

* Pivot grid/chart views: currently you must open the grid to then open the pivot. You'll be able to open the pivot directly

* Combo-views: a view with any number of grids/pivots arranged as you wish. Configuration will be saved

Armando:
Pierre : the "new quick Add Item form" is really nice. This is a great addition which will contribute to close the gap between SQLNotes and other note taking/Web clipping programs, and it will certainly achieve its aim of... boosting productivity (ahem... in my case, nothing computer related ever boosts my productivity...  :-[).

EDIT :
It works really well and I wonder if it'd be possible to have an option to automate it even further for web clipping : the appearing window could be shown only when another key would added to the usual hotkeys combination (win+A in EverNote), otherwise, what's been selected would automatically be copied, the default options would be instantly applied (folder, category, etc.) and a title (based on the first text line of what's clipped) would be automatically chosen... Et voilĂ .

For instant notes and gtd, a similar option could be selected/unselected to automate the process further : a title (based on the first text line of what's written) could be automatically chosen... It could be edited afterwards, of course...

Armando:
Edited my previous post, Pierre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version