ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (65/235) > >>

Darwin:
I hear ya, Armando. I can't imagine Find and Run Robot called anything else and, quite frankly, the same goes for SQLNotes... Just "fits" in my mind. I don't like any of the names in the poll with the possible exception of EchoNotes. I'm going to have to give this some thought before casting a vote over there!

superboyac:
OK, I'm going through the process of importing my notes from other programs into SQLNotes.  One of the problems with the importer is that I need something much more flexible and customizeable.  Right now, the only option is to change the field delimiter and text qualifier.  I can't use these to import my texnotes data.  Here are the exporting options for texnotes:
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?
The easiest way to import these into SQLNotes is to export each note for texnotes as one file.  Then, the filename will be the "Item" field of SQLNotes, and the the actual note content inside the text file will go into the HTML Pane field for SQLNotes.  That seems to be the ideal way for me.
Another way would be to export all the content as one big text file, where the text is separated by certain delimiters, but that gets more complicated since how will SQLNotes know what is the title and what is the note content?

Other software, like EverNote, will most likely have fewer options to export data, which is annoying.  Evernote will only export data as XML.  I have no idea how to import that into SQLNotes, but if you could figure it out, it would be brilliant.

tomos:
added a new possible name:

Flexibase

http://www.sqlnotes.net/Forums/tabid/54/forumid/-1/threadid/2467/scope/posts/Default.aspx

PPLandry:
@superboyac,

Importers will be developped on an as-demand basis, so if you have a need, shout and I'll do it.

Merry Christmas

superboyac:
@superboyac,

Importers will be developped on an as-demand basis, so if you have a need, shout and I'll do it.

Merry Christmas
-PPLandry (December 24, 2007, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
OK, I'm shouting.  I need an importer that will take a bunch of text files and import them into SQLNotes in the following way:
--The filename of the text file ('mynotes' if the filename is "mynotes.txt") should go into the "Item" field of the grid (or whatever field I assign).
--The content of the text file should go inside the HTML pane field.

In this way, I could import most of my notes from other programs, at least texnotes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version