ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (63/235) > >>

superboyac:
Where I'm from "grunt" has a scatalogical connotation (as in "having a grunt") that Pierre might want to avoid  :o
-Darwin (December 18, 2007, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's good to know, I'm going to start using that!  Coffee makes me grunt.

superboyac:
I'm starting to import my information from other programs into SQL.  Is there a way I can import text files into SQL?  I might even be able to get them parsed in some ways and even retain RTF formatting, but I don't know if SQL can handle that kind of importing yet.

PPLandry:
I'm starting to import my information from other programs into SQL.  Is there a way I can import text files into SQL?  I might even be able to get them parsed in some ways and even retain RTF formatting, but I don't know if SQL can handle that kind of importing yet.
-superboyac (December 18, 2007, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is it Word documents you want to import? For a reference to the file, drag-drop from Explorer to the grid. For the HTML Pane, to link content, you must save as HTM or MHT first and then do File>Open...File>Save. To import content, best is to drag-drop content (open in Word, and drag-drop)

superboyac:
Well, they are mostly notes in proprietary format of other software right now.  But, for example, texnotes has the ability to export notes in a variety of ways, including text files, rtf files, a parsed test file (with user-specified delimiters).
I'll drag-drop as much as possible.  Either way, it's going to be a painful process.  But I'm comfortable with it because I know that once it's in SQLNotes, I'll be able to export in other flexible ways in the future, if necessary.

By the way, when will encryption/password be available for SQL?

PPLandry:
Well, they are mostly notes in proprietary format of other software right now.  But, for example, texnotes has the ability to export notes in a variety of ways, including text files, rtf files, a parsed test file (with user-specified delimiters).
I'll drag-drop as much as possible.  Either way, it's going to be a painful process.  But I'm comfortable with it because I know that once it's in SQLNotes, I'll be able to export in other flexible ways in the future, if necessary.

By the way, when will encryption/password be available for SQL?
-superboyac (December 18, 2007, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
RTF drag-dropped from Word works very well
Encryption/password is already there  8)

If you don't care too much about formatting, but have many notes to import, you can use the standard importer on Textnotes parsed text file. Import could then be a few step to import 100's of notes

Also, if you have any specific needs, I can customize the import process since I know that other users will use it too eventually. I can work with you on this one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version