ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (61/235) > >>

PPLandry:
One thing I realize from looking at the list of suggestions on the sqlnotes site is that the name SHOULD be descriptive of what the software does-Darwin (December 18, 2007, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
But when a software does so much, that is so difficult to categorize, how can you convey that in a word or two. An arbitrary word (i.e. Zoho, Joomla or whatever) may be better

superboyac:
I still like Outline Commander (yes, I'm quite narcissistic).
It has a professional quality.  It pays homage to the initial purpose of the program (outlining) even though it does much more now.  The "Commander" name has a good reputation in the software world.  People will start calling it OC (maybe that's bad!).

The non-descriptive names always seemed weird to me.  I think those names work better for geekier software aimed at hardcore computer people who get a kick out of that sort of thing.  I don't know, maybe it's just me, but those names just sound silly and ultimately just make me do research on the web to figure out what it does.  I feel the name should be somewhat descriptive.

Armando:
Before choosing one it's always good to see as many possibilities as possible...

I don'T have any time right now but how about names that'll make smile too ? Or have some funny connotations ?? or...

like :

DataKebab
tabuladata
OutofDataExperience (ODE)
NearDataExperience (NDE)
GridMind
Griddler
Date-Nut Outliner
Datability
infoswiveler
EATKSynthesis
CleanYourMess

Darwin:
Good point, Pierre, but we have to think *really* carefully about what name is applied in that case, for the reasons that both Aram and I have outlined above.

Darwin begins to think... and his head starts to throb - too much unfamiliar activity...

superboyac:
DataKebab
tabuladata
-Armando (December 18, 2007, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
HAHA!  That's freaking hilarious.  Those are some of my dad's favorite dishes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version