ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (60/235) > >>

superboyac:
Hmm, I always like picking names (I'm a musician, so it's fun choosing album names or group names).
SQLNotes is so much more than an outliner.  It's also a database, notetaker, webclipper (potentially), scheduler, calendar, mindmapper (potentially).  It's a PIM, but very different and more flexible than other PIM's out there.  I think the name should reflect that somewhat.

Don't use Tao, there is already a TaoNotes out there and it's a funky program.  How about these suggestions:
FlexiPIM
DataFlex
PowerPIM
PIMP (sorry couldn't resist)
GridMaster
Datamolder
MindPad (I like this one)
Outline Commander (I like this also)

Darwin:
I still like SQLNotes, actually. There, I said it  :-[

PPLandry:
I still like SQLNotes, actually. There, I said it  :-[
-Darwin (December 18, 2007, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't mind it either, but so many people hate it (really!) that I think it must change

Darwin:
Nice suggestions, Superboyac. One thing I realize from looking at the list of suggestions on the sqlnotes site is that the name SHOULD be descriptive of what the software does - names like Squirrel and Synergy (which I actually quite like, too) are liable to start sounding dated and a bit silly as time goes by...

How about Data Commander?

superboyac:
Nice suggestions, Superboyac. One thing I realize from looking at the list of suggestions on the sqlnotes site is that the name SHOULD be descriptive of what the software does - names like Squirrel and Synergy (which I actually quite like, too) are liable to start sounding dated and a bit silly as time goes by...

How about Data Commander?

-Darwin (December 18, 2007, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's good too, the Commander part gives it a poweruser feel.  When I hear things like iPod and such, it doesn't have as professional a feel to it...it reminds me of bubbly programs geared towards teenagers.  I think we definitely want SQLNotes to have a professional feel to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version