ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (56/235) > >>

PPLandry:
>By the way, I was watching that video in the download directory showing how the html pane content can appear right under the outliner item.  That was cool!  Is that available yet or is that coming in the future?

It was de-activated in 0.9.21 for now. It was not fluid enough, did not print, etc. Basically buggy.

The idea was to provide some improved text outlining.

In real text ouliners you can have this:

Chapter 1
   Some chapter 1 introductory text ....
   Section 1.1
      Some section 1.1 text
   Section 1.2
Chapter 2

and collapse to show just:

Chapter 1
   Section 1.1
   Section 1.2
Chapter 2

Now Ecco and SQLNotes cannot do that (no way to hide the chapter 1 introductory text without hiding the Sections 1.1 and 1.2). The new approach will be to display the section text as a regular item. It will be much more fluid, elegant, will print, etc. Only drawback is that items do not WYSIWYG all HTML codes, only the most basic ones.

PPLandry:
>Uninstall

In this case, it is best, since some controls were changed to use Unicode ones. Uninstalling will remove the old ones

Armando:
I really like what I'm seeing Pierre.  :up:

Something related to what superboyac mentioned before : finding the searched items in the "search" grid. Depending on the filled fields, and depending on the number of showed fields in the search grid, it can be hard to find the items in the grid (ie : if the only filled field is "name" and it's hidden). I wonder how can that be solved. Maybe by highlighting the filled fields ? or having some kind of automatic reordering of the columns to have the filled ones first (that would probably be better...) ?

It would be nice if when a new Item is created by mistake, "esc" would delete it right away (since it's blank anyway). Ctrl+E would be also okay... but the confirmation window is not necessary in that case IMO.

Is a more powerful "undo" to be expected ? (one that willl also work for item deletion)

Also, IMOH the "grids" submenu in the view menu doesn't belong there. Same thing for the "manage forms" and "manage fields". I think they should simply be in the Grid Menu. It might be a personal thing though. I wonder what others find.

More later…

PPLandry:
Thanks!

Search: In QuickSearch, I now display, in the search result grid, all fields that have the search text (except the HTML pane related ones because they can be large)

Empty items: CTRL-E now does not show a confirmation when the item is empty and the only assigned field is the grid source field (which was auto-assigned anyway)

Full undo will come as a freebee with disconnected mode (after release 1.0)

Grids sub-menu: The reason why it is there is that the Grid menu is not shown when no grid is open or when the current form is not a grid. In Ecco, it was also in the view menu... Keep in mind that Grids are just one of the (eventual) many display modes. The forthcoming Calendar is another display mode and the grid menu will not apply to it. It will have a Calendar menu. But suggestions are always welcomed, and menu structure is definitely not final. It is also very easy to re-arrange it if need be.

Changes are available in the latest build, as usual.

jlogic77:
Interesting concept.  I'll check it out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version