ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (41/235) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
What you can do however, is to select multiple items and apply formatting to them as a group
-PPLandry (December 03, 2007, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which would work even better with a Format Painter  :)

Am I right in remembering that Conditional Formating is planned as well?

PPLandry:
Am I right in remembering that Conditional Formating is planned as well?-Perry Mowbray (December 04, 2007, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, conditional column formatting is planned (red if greater than zero, bold if DueDate < now, etc). In fact, very little is left before implementing it... no user request has been the main reason why it is being pushed forward.

Perry Mowbray:
A couple of quick questions:

* Do you have a page that explains the field set up screen? There were some options there that don't seem to be used by the default database.
* Is there a File Requester that can be attached to a field (that is a path type)? Or is drag and drop a possibility? I know you can drop onto the grid and a new record will be created, but it'd be handy to be able to fill specific fields.
* Any thought about having child grids that are different to the parent (similar to how Access will display a related table), so for example you could have an invoice grid with children that are invoice items that display a different set of fields??

PPLandry:
>Do you have a page that explains the field set up screen? There were some options there that don't seem to be used by the default database.

Nothing yet, but I'll add one today. I had been postponing this since that form will be re-worked. It is rather oldish

>Is there a File Requester that can be attached to a field (that is a path type)? Or is drag and drop a possibility? I know you can drop onto the grid and a new record will be created, but it'd be handy to be able to fill specific fields.

The newly added field URL can be used for that. There is also separate fields FilePath and FileName.

>Any thought about having child grids that are different to the parent (similar to how Access will display a related table), so for example you could have an invoice grid with children that are invoice items that display a different set of fields??

This is certainly possible. It is already on the wish list. Currently, you can use separate grids or use forms to view information not in the columns. You could arrange colums to have the common information locked on the left, then basic parent information, then child information in right-most columns. 1-click could be sufficient to scroll columns from parent info to child info. That combined with forms...

But improvements to that aspect is planned.

superboyac:
I made a new grid for another artist "Gene Harris" using the same fields as before "MusicItem".  I imported all the items and organized them.  Then I tried to have the new grid show only the Gene Harris items, but I can't seem to get that top bar filter to do anything for me.  Whenever I try, i get the big red error bar on the bottom.  How can i only show the Gene Harris items?  (see attached screenshot)
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

Also, let's say I have a bunch of items using the MusicItem field, but I in the grid, i only want to show certain specific albums that have no real logic to it.  Say, some of this artist, some of that artist, but nothing I can put a "rule" or filter for.  How can I pick and choose what is displayed?  It seems to me like you can't manually pick and choose, everything has to be formally defined by fields and filters.  Am I right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version