ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (39/235) > >>

PPLandry:
>album tracks have been manually set in the order they appear on the album

I'd have a field TrackOrder and put the order there. This will allow you to easily restore the sort.

PPLandry:
But I am going to guess, based on superboyac's comments that it is using a MVC approach, with the data stored in a DB and the grid (I think that is what it is called) is just a view into that DB. If I am correct, it might be useful, PPLaundry, to explain what that means in term of (not) losing data when you simply delete a view.-tinjaw (December 03, 2007, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes you could say that SQLNotes uses an MVC approach. It is definitely true that data is completely decoupled from the presentation. Item exist whether they are displayed or not. So deleting a grid has absolutely no impact on the data. Grids are windows to view your data. No data resides in a grid (unlike word, excel). In fact grids take up very little space in the database. The same applies to forms. Lastly, grids/forms are the first (and currently only) method to view items, but others are planned (calendar, phonebook, card-view, mind-map). Data stays put, but other views will present it differently.

superboyac:
PPL, is the grid name limited to 20 characters?
Thanks for the suggestions for how to sort, I'll use them.  But please add the save state to the feature list.  I use Autocad (I know, completely different program!) but it has a really useful saving states feature, that's where I got the idea.

PS, I still can't get the ItemParent field to work for me.

superboyac:
I think the importing has a small bug in it.  I was on step 3, and I went back to click off the 1st line is header box, and when I came back to step 3, all the items in the second column were the same (whereas before, it was supposed all the different song titles, now it was all the same song title, the 1st one in the list).

superboyac:
Is there a match properties command for items?  For example, if I've formatted one item (background color, font size, font color, etc.) can I copy just the formatting of it to another item?  Sort of like a "paste special" command?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version