ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (38/235) > >>

PPLandry:
Let's say I take a grid, sort it just the way i want (not logically, but manually).  Is there a way to save that "state"?  Because what if I do some automatic sorting later and lose what I had arranged earlier?
-superboyac (December 03, 2007, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Currently Top Level Items (TLI) order is determined by the sort criteria. Sub-items order can be manually set

It is planned to allow for manual positioning of TLIs when sort criteria is empty.

Armando:
I'm happy you like it too, superboyac!

SQLNotes could basically answer all of the current problems I have with Outlook.
So there's no doubt I'll be testing/using SQLNotes more soon... If only I could sync my palm with it. My life depends on it.

PPLandry:
So there's no doubt I'll be testing/using SQLNotes more soon... If only I could sync my palm with it. My life depends on it.-Armando (December 03, 2007, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

A number of people are waiting on palm sync too. A few even said that they are just waiting for the API to write the conduit themselves. It would be great. Otherwise I'll do it when I get some time...

What does your palm sync with ? Google Calendar sync coming?
[edit] sync calendar and phonebook sufficient? Or are notes a requirement?

superboyac:
Let's say I take a grid, sort it just the way i want (not logically, but manually).  Is there a way to save that "state"?  Because what if I do some automatic sorting later and lose what I had arranged earlier?
-superboyac (December 03, 2007, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Currently Top Level Items (TLI) order is determined by the sort criteria. Sub-items order can be manually set

It is planned to allow for manual positioning of TLIs when sort criteria is empty.
-PPLandry (December 03, 2007, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, that wasn't exactly my question.  What I meant was that when a grid display is set up, is there a way to save that "look"?  Things that would be saved are which nodes are expanded/collapsed, the manually set order, the position of the cursor...stuff like that.  Like right now, I have all of my albums expanded, and the album tracks have been manually set in the order they appear on the album.  but what if I collapse some album nodes, and sort the tracks alphabetically?  It would be nice to be able to quickly get back to the previous state.

PPLandry:
Do you have Grid > Save item states checked?
If that is not enough, you could have 2 grids with the same items but with different configuration

But if that is not enough, I'll add it as a suggestion, to be able to save/restore a 2nd set of expand states

To have 2 or more different sorting, you could use sorting fields

BTW cursor position (which item is selected) is already saved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version