ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (19/235) > >>

Armando:
Just tried it. Really cool.

Would be nice to be able to cycle through the pictures with a shortcut key (if not already possible).

* Automatic folder monitoring. Tell it which folders (i.e. my pictures/*.jpg)  to monitor and any new files will be added to your SQLNotes database automatically, in a separate grid so you know that they need to be documented.
    * File date will be imported into the database (currently only file name and path are imported).
    * Option to create a windows shortcut when linking to the file. Hence moving the file will not break the link (Windows monitors shortcuts automatically)
-PPLandry (November 12, 2007, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

These will be great additions.

PPLandry:
SQLNotes (or whatever it is finally called) aim at helping you manage your information.
And nowadays, picture files are one hell of an information nightmare. Integrating that with your other information (people, calendar, tasks) is a win-win situation.

Did you try the multi-viewer? Open 4 and as you change picture item, each window gets updated in rotation (best on dual-screen, my second screen is 21" !). No more will you have people say: "Wait, go back to that last one!". And the auto-rotation (portrait-landscape)?
(Double-click to lock a window on an image. )

PPLandry:
> Cycle keys..

What do you mean?

Armando:
> Cycle keys..

What do you mean?
-PPLandry (November 12, 2007, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

"cycle through the pictures with a shortcut key" : Like alt+tab does for witching between windows,  or ctrl+tab, etc., in some apps.

Have to go but will post again later,

PPLandry:
Just to keep you updated:

1- SQLNotes is now capable of printing 1-many relationship data. Examples are sales receipt (sale - sale details),  Consultant billing (Client - Work done), etc. You can even print multiple invoice, for different clients, in 1 step. Use syntax Parent.Fieldname to show the parent value

2- I'm now working on a Date Filter toolbar. This will allow SQLNotes to be used to manage time (i.e. a calendar) and tasks (i.e. todos) more effectively (View schedule for today, this week, this month, etc,  view undone todo's due this week, etc). But it could be used to filter any date related field (want to see items created last month, sales in July, etc)

(in this screenshot, appointments from oct 1 to 22 will be shown  -- 21 days as set in the duration box)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version