ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (4/235) > >>

PPLandry:
I did a sample for you (I can send it or put in on the sqlnotes web site if you want). It took me a approx. 20 minutes. It was fun!

Here is a screenshot

Clicking Basketball automatically fills in Date. I used a user-defined function to fill-in the BestPlayer field

Armando:
Pierre, don't forget to tell us when the next beta is out... I want to try the calendar, recurrence capabilities, alarm, gantt charting, etc.  :up:

(I just saw you answered my post at the SQLnotes forum -- I wasn't notified, for some reason. Thanks!)

PPLandry:
Pierre, don't forget to tell us when the next beta is out... I want to try the calendar, recurrence capabilities, alarm, gantt charting, etc.  :up:

(I just saw you answered my post at the SQLnotes forum -- I wasn't notified, for some reason. Thanks!)
-Armando (October 18, 2007, 10:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Will do for sure!. Current forum software does not do notification  :down:. New version is out which does, so I'll upgrade when I have some free time.

superboyac:
PPLandry, that's cool!  (You didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it.)  I'll try to do it next week, or go ahead and send me the file and maybe I can work off of yours.

Here is what I envisioned the database to behave like:
--every day, the players will enter how many games they won, and how many they lost (2 entries).  So for each player, each day will have a win entry and a loss entry.

--In some kind of pivot table (or something similar), a chart will rank the players from the highest winning percentage to the lowest.

--In Access, I wanted to have a nice sophisticated form entry, but I can't figure out how to do it yet.  Basically, in the form, the player would choose their name from the list.  Once they do that, a display will show the stats from their last 10 days.  Another display will show the current rankings.  Then, the player would pick the date, enter their wins and losses, press "submit" and the database will get updated.

Something along the lines of that.

Here are some screenshots:
SQLNotes...what is it exactly?   SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

PPLandry:
>In some kind of pivot table (or something similar), a chart will rank the players from the highest winning percentage to the lowest

Yes the built-in pivot table in sQLNotes can be used to display it that way

>a display will show the stats from their last 10 days

No problem. Simply set the grid filter to date > now -10 and it will filter out older data.

>Basically, in the form, the player would choose their name from the list

I'd thought that you would've preferred to have separate columns for each player. That way, the top item show the summary. If you want it the way you described, it is even simpler. Create a text field PlayerName, a number field GamesWon, and use a date. Then, you can use the SQLNotes pivot table to view the result and will be able to order by ranking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version