ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (227/235) > >>

Armando:
BTW, if you haven't created new fields in a database, everything in the copied/pasted items should transfer. So, it's pretty straight forward, really. Pierre was only referring to the extra fields one might have created. At this time, those won't be created on the fly.

At the moment, F5 (refresh) is VERY important to get used to.

In a grid, all filters/source bar related changes on items (removing some fields, adding items with the "add item" window...) won't appear/be updated in the grid if you don't refresh .

(So, in the above mentioned case, if you added items using the add item window to an  already opened grid, you have to refresh --> that will "reload" all items meeting the source and filters and show them on the grid. Same applies if you untick some key fields on some items so that they don't meet the source anymore : a refresh is necessary to clear them of the grid.)

Having to refresh has some downsides, but also some advantages. But autorefresh is coming anyways (as an option...) -- isn't it, Pierre?  ;)

J-Mac:
Armando,

Most fields I use ARE created fields. I don’t like using the "stock" fields that come with IQ; as I have mentioned before the inpput drop-down menu becomes overfilled with unnecessary data too quickly. I prefer to create fields that are named to match what I am doing, and then have the input drop-down menu show only the values that I need to see for that particular data.

Thanks!

Jim

PPLandry:
If the drop-down has too many entries, you can switch to a fixed list (uncheck Auto-list and enter your own list).

Also, I can code for having auto-list drop-down showing only values in the current grid...

J-Mac:
If the drop-down has too many entries, you can switch to a fixed list (uncheck Auto-list and enter your own list).-PPLandry (November 13, 2008, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really?  Didn't know that. Sounds good!

Also, I can code for having auto-list drop-down showing only values in the current grid...
-PPLandry (November 13, 2008, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that sounds even better! Don’t do it just for me, though. If others have also asked for this, OK. If not, I know you have a long list in front of you already - don’t make it bigger just for this dufus!

Thanks Pierre.

Jim

superboyac:
I'm on the verge of using IQ exclusively.  I'm waiting to export my Texnotes info into IQ, but I can't do it until some other importing features are added.  I've made a Mantis issue of it.  Is there any chance of this happening?  If need be, I can do it manually, but it would be dreadful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version