topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:37 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SQLNotes...what is it exactly?  (Read 834324 times)

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SQLNotes...what is it exactly?
« Reply #1125 on: November 12, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Version 0.9.24 Pre-release 3 is out

New in this (pre) release:

* Firefox extension to ease web page clippings. Details here: http://sqlnotes.wiki...paces.com/WebClipper

:)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1126 on: November 13, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Pretty cool web clipper, Pierre!

I made a few test clips; first one showed in Inbox, subsequent clips do not show unless I close Inbox and then re-open it. Is there a quicker way to refresh the grid?

Thanks!

Jim

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • InfoQube Information manager
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1127 on: November 13, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Is there a quicker way to refresh the grid?

F5 will refresh the grid (manual refresh is currently required)
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1128 on: November 13, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Is there a quicker way to refresh the grid?

F5 will refresh the grid (manual refresh is currently required)

Thanks! That's the usual hotkey but I didn't see it on the menu - I've come across applications where F5 did something entirely different and I hate when that happens!

BTW, I also found the toolbar icon for Refresh; I had removed that in the past - kept mistaking that with the icon for syncing with external data.

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1129 on: November 13, 2008, 10:35 PM »
You did the correct thing (copying to a file was not required, as you can solely work from the clipboard)

However, fields are not created when pasting XML (they will eventually), so you need to create your fields and grids in the destination database first, and then paste

Ouch. I think I'll leave well enough alone for now!

Thanks!

Jim

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1130 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00 PM »
BTW, if you haven't created new fields in a database, everything in the copied/pasted items should transfer. So, it's pretty straight forward, really. Pierre was only referring to the extra fields one might have created. At this time, those won't be created on the fly.

At the moment, F5 (refresh) is VERY important to get used to.

In a grid, all filters/source bar related changes on items (removing some fields, adding items with the "add item" window...) won't appear/be updated in the grid if you don't refresh .

(So, in the above mentioned case, if you added items using the add item window to an  already opened grid, you have to refresh --> that will "reload" all items meeting the source and filters and show them on the grid. Same applies if you untick some key fields on some items so that they don't meet the source anymore : a refresh is necessary to clear them of the grid.)

Having to refresh has some downsides, but also some advantages. But autorefresh is coming anyways (as an option...) -- isn't it, Pierre?  ;)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1131 on: November 13, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Armando,

Most fields I use ARE created fields. I don’t like using the "stock" fields that come with IQ; as I have mentioned before the inpput drop-down menu becomes overfilled with unnecessary data too quickly. I prefer to create fields that are named to match what I am doing, and then have the input drop-down menu show only the values that I need to see for that particular data.

Thanks!

Jim

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1132 on: November 13, 2008, 11:32 PM »
If the drop-down has too many entries, you can switch to a fixed list (uncheck Auto-list and enter your own list).

Also, I can code for having auto-list drop-down showing only values in the current grid...
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1133 on: November 13, 2008, 11:42 PM »
If the drop-down has too many entries, you can switch to a fixed list (uncheck Auto-list and enter your own list).

Really?  Didn't know that. Sounds good!

Also, I can code for having auto-list drop-down showing only values in the current grid...

Now that sounds even better! Don’t do it just for me, though. If others have also asked for this, OK. If not, I know you have a long list in front of you already - don’t make it bigger just for this dufus!

Thanks Pierre.

Jim

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1134 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29 AM »
I'm on the verge of using IQ exclusively.  I'm waiting to export my Texnotes info into IQ, but I can't do it until some other importing features are added.  I've made a Mantis issue of it.  Is there any chance of this happening?  If need be, I can do it manually, but it would be dreadful.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1135 on: December 18, 2008, 04:00 AM »
new Thunderbird extension for importing emails - just select emails and click add button or add via context menu
works great btw Pierre :Thmbsup:

for more details:- Email Import
Tom

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1136 on: January 02, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Does SqlNotes have this kind of calendar view?

Yearly planner

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1137 on: January 02, 2009, 02:47 PM »

Yearly planner

According to this answer, all is planned -

This is sort of off topic, but I've just made a wishlist for Calendar functionality HERE, and wondered whether IQ is likely to be able to do any of that. It seems to me to be the sort of databsase driven program that might.

I would say all is planned except:
I would like to be able to drag new items on to previous items and have the previous item automatically made into a folder with the same name and containing the new item(s)).

Instead of the item being made into a folder, the item would have sub-items (1 sub-item for each dragged item), in keeping with the IQ concept

- but not yet present. I think

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1138 on: January 02, 2009, 04:48 PM »

This type of yearly view is not implemented nor planned. Only Gantt-type is available (linear horizontal time scale)

p.s. If someone can find me a component that allows this type of view, I'll gladly implement it
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:58 PM by PPLandry »

David1904

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1139 on: January 26, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Hi Pierre,

I am having difficulty with items and sub items.
I have maybe 25-30 items each of which may have from 1-30 sub items over time. When browsing them, it is important to be able to quickly view all sub items, then swith back to only showing items - but I can't figure out to do this. If I select all items and try and "show all sub items" an error message says to turn off the filter first. When I do, and try again, only the first item on the list expands (or perhaps the last one clicked on if I select some of them using Shift or Control.
Hunting through the manual didn't seem to help - yet presumably this is something people frequently would want to do.
Have I just missed something blindingly obvious? How can I rapidly switch between seeing only items, and seeing all items plus sub items (within a category which I have filtered for)

Thanks,

David

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1140 on: January 26, 2009, 03:08 AM »
David,
are you familiar with the shortcuts:-
Ctrl+1   to   Ctrl+9
Ctrl+1 will "close" all items in grid (one "level")        Ctrl+9 will expand all items to the 9th level
Ctrl+Shift+1 [through to 9] will work likewise for selected item(s)

Depending on your settings (Grid>Filter applies to subitems), this will only show sub-items that are allowed by filters - i.e. it may not show all sub-items

Re
the problem with selecting a bunch of items and trying to show all sub-items via context menu (which would show all sub-items regardless of filter) -
I posted about that in IQ/SQLN forum [How to] show all sub-items for multiple items or whole grid? but havent gotten a response yet

Tom

David1904

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1141 on: January 26, 2009, 03:46 AM »
are you familiar with the shortcuts:-
Ctrl+1   to   Ctrl+9
Ctrl+1 will "close" all items in grid (one "level")        Ctrl+9 will expand all items to the 9th level
Ctrl+Shift+1 [through to 9] will work likewise for selected item(s)

Hi tomos - I am now! :)

Looks like I'd better work my way through the shortcuts to see what they do. I'd just assumed the functionality would be there in the menus, and shortcuts would be a quicker way of doing stuff - once you knew what you were doing.

Thanks for your help, everything works as I had hoped.

David

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1142 on: January 26, 2009, 05:23 AM »
another option which can be handy is
Ctrl++ to expand selected item (no plural there!)
Ctrl+- to collapse item

this will expand item to last expanded state, so if you repeatedly wanted the same particular sub-items expanded and not to get things too cluttered could be handy to use

yeah, have a look at the shortcut pages  :)  can be worthwhile cause UI is a bit behind at times
Tom

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1143 on: February 06, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Armanda, Pierre, what's the status of IQ?  If I'm not mistaken, the calendar module is being worked on?  Anyway, just curious, I've been doing a lot of other stuff, haven't been able to keep up.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
InfoQube Information Management System (aka SQLNotes)
« Reply #1144 on: May 25, 2009, 09:30 PM »
what's the status of IQ?  If I'm not mistaken, the calendar module is being worked on?

The calendar has been partly functional for approx 3 months. The next release (0.9.25) will finalize it.

I've just today released 0.9.24 which add lots of new features and tweaks requested by users and bug fixes too of course. So for those that don't visit the IQ Community website (at www.sqlnotes.net/drupal5), this last release significant changes are:

• Hyperlinks in the grid and in the HTML pane (external and internal:to items, grids, fields, wikitags, outlook items, etc)
  • Live-search with item formatting (i.e. Bold items marked as red appear in bold-red in live-search)
  • Zoom in and zoom out in the grid and in the HTML pane
  • Shortcut toggle between: zoomed grid, zoomed HTML, normal
  • Easier and more flexible links to files and folders, including dynamic links (hyperlink is based on a field value)
  • Grid navigation and item creation right in the HTML pane. So users can now create rich-text content in a single pane
  • Improved Gantt chart display
  • Hover over a link shows where it points to (both in the grid and in the HTML pane)
  • Simpler and more user-friendly toolbars
  • Ultra-Recall and OPML/OML import (will be completed tomorrow)
  • (and for those that are really late in the news... FireFox and Thunderbird clipping extensions)  ;)

www.InfoQube.biz
Pierre, Dir. NeoTech Systems, Designers of InfoQube
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:33 PM by PPLandry »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1145 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Woo hoo!  Good to hear from you Pierre.  I know you've been working hard on the program.  I hope all is well.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1146 on: May 26, 2009, 01:30 AM »
I don't know about the name InfoQube....SQuirreLNotes sounded better  :P

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1147 on: May 30, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Any plans for image pasting-drag&drop directly inside the html pane? The reason  I am asking is that I deal with images alot and that is one reason I use Onenote.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:01 AM by kartal »

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1148 on: May 30, 2009, 12:45 AM »
There is an issue in Mantis on this: Drag-drop images to the HTML rich edit pane

Bottom line is yes of course. 2 types of drag-drop:
1- web images
2- file images

Would you say that in both cases, you want the option to either (1) link to the image and (2) copy the image?

note that using external editors, you can do it right now. Also there is this issue: Enable external editors for HTM files, not just MHT

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #1149 on: May 30, 2009, 12:59 AM »
Well, if I am pasting a raw clipboard image, I would like it to be part of the project. If I am pasting the adress of the image it can stay as url of the image file I think

If I use drag and drop, I probably prefer that it references for the local files but downloads for the online files. Probably providing an option for this can be very helpful.