ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (225/235) > >>

superboyac:
If it is due to filters, then I'm baffled, as I have not touched any of the filters.
-J-Mac (November 10, 2008, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is a point I like to emphasize also.  This behavior should be minimized as much as possible.

Expect his version tomorrow, with the brand new FF Extension, which will ease web clippings
-PPLandry (November 10, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Pierre, no one can accuse you of not working hard!  We really appreciate you continuously adding features and dealing with our issues.

Armando:
If it is due to filters, then I'm baffled, as I have not touched any of the filters.
-J-Mac (November 10, 2008, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is a point I like to emphasize also.  This behavior should be minimized as much as possible.
-superboyac (November 12, 2008, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Scoop :  "All items meet the source in a grid"   +    a slightly redesigned GUI (where everything filter related is centralized +  applied filters appear in the status bar + button to activate/deactivate all filters +  the birth of the famous "named filters" ) should help to fix this. ;)

J-Mac:
Armando,

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'm still going through it in detail while IQ is open on my desktop - trying to learn more here. The documentation is getting better, BTW. Much appreciated.

Pierre,

I must agree that you are a tireless worker; no argument there! I'll get better w/IQ, I'm sure. Please do not take my posts as criticism - if I felt critical all the time, I'd just stop trying to use it altogether. I do want to use IQ for tasks that I am currently accomplishing with other applications, but I need to feel more comfortable first.

Workin' it, Boss!

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, one thing I tried to do a couple of days ago was to export a grid from one database and then import it into another. I'm trying to get stuff that I had put into separate databases into one. However it isn't working that well. I posted about this in the IQ forum but haven't received any replies.

I followed the instructions in the wiki:  I copy the contents of the grid into an XML file, paste that into a text editor and save it as an XML file, copy that, and then try to paste it into a newly created grid in the other database. No indication that anything happened. However if I do Ctrl+F and look at all items I see the data, but the fields, columns, etc. apparently don’t come over that way.

So I just ditched the database and started over.

Is there any working way to move data from one database to another?

Thanks!

Jim

PPLandry:
You did the correct thing (copying to a file was not required, as you can solely work from the clipboard)

However, fields are not created when pasting XML (they will eventually), so you need to create your fields and grids in the destination database first, and then paste

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version