ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (216/235) > >>

J-Mac:

# A Grid is a view - the Grid view is dictated by the "source" field which is usually a tick-box field - if something is ticked in this column it is shown in the grid.
If you create a new grid, say called "LOLCats", a new field is automatically created called "LOLCats" - top-level items in this Grid have field "LOLCats" ticked.
-tomos (October 19, 2008, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos,

Now you are confusing me too! The "Source" is a toolbar with a drop-down menu that sits directly over the top of the grid, isn't it? I think what you are describing here is what you see when you click on "Manage Fields".

Or maybe I am just not understanding your point.

Jim

superboyac:
Cool! PPLandry already added a change I suggested and I've used the tool for minutes; this is very promising!

Some other thing that is fundamental is search; since superboyac loves live search, I'm sure this has been suggested and implemented; I just don't know how to get it to work. ctrl shift F does something close, but not exaclty. See how oneNote highlights the tabs AND occurrences on the page? That kind of thing. Is this possible?

Also, how about a global shortcut to send it/get it back from the tray?
-urlwolf (October 20, 2008, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think Ctrl-Q is the live search.  But there are no highlighting features yet.  I've suggested it to Pierre a long, long time ago, but I should do it again.  We ask so much of him!!

My idea was to have a permanently docked search box (like evernote) at the top of the screen which will be a universal filter for whatever grid is shown.  Then whatever you type in that box will be filtered in the grid automatically, just like in evernote.   And of course, the matching terms should be highlighted, like Evernote.
For searches across multiple grids, use the Ctrl-Q...as for highlighting and such, that's a little more complicated since the matches are all over the place in different grids.  I'd have to think about that more.

PPLandry:
I think Ctrl-Q is the live search.-superboyac (October 20, 2008, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yours may be CTRL-Q, but the default for search (i.e. live-search) is CTRL-F, either way, you'll find it in Edit>Find

PPLandry:

# A Grid is a view - the Grid view is dictated by the "source" field which is usually a tick-box field - if something is ticked in this column it is shown in the grid.
If you create a new grid, say called "LOLCats", a new field is automatically created called "LOLCats" - top-level items in this Grid have field "LOLCats" ticked.
--- End quote ---

tomos,

Now you are confusing me too! The "Source" is a toolbar with a drop-down menu that sits directly over the top of the grid, isn't it? I think what you are describing here is what you see when you click on "Manage Fields".

Jim
-J-Mac (October 20, 2008, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both you and tomos are correct. The Source bar is the toolbar just above the grid. The grid source is the left-most combobox, the filter is shown in the center and sort is on the right side [edit] These control what items are displayed and in what order [/edit]

J-Mac:

--- End quote ---

tomos,

Jim
-J-Mac (October 20, 2008, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both you and tomos are correct. The Source bar is the toolbar just above the grid. The grid source is the left-most combobox, the filter is shown in the center and sort is on the right side
-PPLandry (October 20, 2008, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Pierre. Appreciate the clarification.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version