ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (203/235) > >>

superboyac:
The usercode (now called VBScript editor) is now divided into 3 sections:
1- system code  : supplied with the software
2- user code      : your code, common to all databases
3- database code: code specific to a given database

The priority is: 3 superceeds 2 which superceeds 1 (that is, if you have the same function name in user code and database code, the database code will run)

As your transcript grid is part of the sample database, I've also put it in System code (1) for now. When release time comes, it will most likely be moved to database code, where IMO it belongs really.

BTW, I'm now full-time on the calendar, a subject that you know quite a bit about... IYO is CalendarScope still the goal?
-PPLandry (October 05, 2008, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see, that's very useful the way you've organized the code.

As for the calendar, yes, Calendarscope is still the best from what I've seen.  I can go into detail later, but it's distinguishing features are it's speed (lightweight), the way it handles colors and categories, and it's interface.

But I also know that most users will want a more complex calendar than what I'm used to using.  Especially since SN can do anything, they are going to want more complex management of appointments/tasks and linking with Outlook (probably) and stuff like that.  I can't even begin to think about it!

J-Mac:
Pierre,

I'm curious: Is the new portable version taking the place of the regular installed version? I see that 0.9.23.7i is the latest version but it is only available as a portable version, while 0.9.23.6 is the latest version available with an installer package. Are there new improvements, features, bug fixes, etc. available ONLY in the portable version? Are you abandoning the installer version?

Thank you.

Jim

tomos:
Is the new portable version taking the place of the regular installed version? I see that 0.9.23.7i is the latest version but it is only available as a portable version, while 0.9.23.6 is the latest version available with an installer package. Are there new improvements, features, bug fixes, etc. available ONLY in the portable version? Are you abandoning the installer version?
-J-Mac (October 06, 2008, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was asked somewhere in SQLN forums - I'm not looking for it :) but the answers were roughly:

> Are there new improvements, features, bug fixes, etc. available ONLY in the portable version? = YES (at the moment)

> Are you abandoning the installer version? = NO (but sort of for the moment!)

PPLandry:
I'm curious: Is the new portable version taking the place of the regular installed version? I see that 0.9.23.7i is the latest version but it is only available as a portable version, while 0.9.23.6 is the latest version available with an installer package. Are there new improvements, features, bug fixes, etc. available ONLY in the portable version? Are you abandoning the installer version?
-J-Mac (October 06, 2008, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Technically, there is only 1 version. One is distributed as a zip of all files (portable), the second is through an installer. The 2 are identical with 1 distinction: the portable does not (yet) associate the .sndb extension with SQLNotes.

The 2 distributions will be maintained. Lack of time is the only reason why I've neglected the installer. I'll fix it this week.

tomos:
Any other users of Mouser's CH&S (clipboard extender) here?

I find trying to paste into the html pane often (maybe always) doesnt work -
last copied text is no problem but trying to paste an older clip doesnt work -
I will post in CH&S area but wanted to check here with other SQLN users first ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version