ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (192/235) > >>

superboyac:
Yeah, I understand that.  Of course, there are also the confirmation dialogs for removing the children of parent items as a security measure.  My issue was that I removed unrelated items and some other items disappeared, they were not parents or children of each other.  And they only disappeared after I exited SN and reopened it the next day.  So, it's more of a bug rather than an issue with using the system.

PPLandry:
Yeah, I understand that.  Of course, there are also the confirmation dialogs for removing the children of parent items as a security measure.  My issue was that I removed unrelated items and some other items disappeared, they were not parents or children of each other.  And they only disappeared after I exited SN and reopened it the next day.  So, it's more of a bug rather than an issue with using the system.
-superboyac (July 31, 2008, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can check your backups... to understand what happened. The .bk2 should be yesterday's

tomos:
-superboyac (July 31, 2008, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think there's still bugs/problems to do with display, especially as you say on first programme start of the day
BTW, I use it daily, for work & some non-work stuff too, but I suppose I use it in fairly limited ways, anyways, I've never lost anything, but at times on restart I have to refresh or do the Crtl+9 shortcut to expand everything fully (presuming your hierarchy isnt more then 9 levels) - or sometimes to right-click an item & click on the display all sub-items icon

I havent had the problem you describe - homeless items -
did it relate to what Pierre said about "the grid source field contains a space in the name" ?

Also BTW, unlike Armando I have just the parent or top-level items as source in the grid (it works this [my] way by default) seems to suit me but I'll have to try his way sometime

I've only skimmed through the previous posts so apologies if I've missed anything

TucknDar:
There's most definitely some conflict between ksdhtmledlib.ocx and something on my system, but I haven't got a clue what I can be. I should post to the yahoo group you mentioned earlier. I'll get around to it eventually. Thanks for your help  :Thmbsup:
-TucknDar (March 22, 2008, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Uhmmm... ok, so I forgot about posting to the Yahoo! Group, but decided earlier today that I wanted to give it another shot. Maybe some Windows update or something else just magically fixed the issue!? And, sure, now everything is working fine :huh: Now I just need to figure out how to use this thing, but at least it's working and I can see some of its power. :D

PPLandry:
Glad to see that it is now working for you

FYI, Version 0.9.23.6 is coming soon with many interesting improvements:

1. New VBScript editor
   2. VBScript code separated in system, user and database
   3. Improved web clipping
   4. Dated backups
   5. Bug fixes of course, and...
   6. Portability! You'll be able to download a zip file, copy the content to an USB thumb drive, copy your datafiles and GO! Any Win XP or Vista PC, no installation required, no admin rights. Now, you'll finally be able to bring SQLNotes to work with you...

Checkout Mantis for details!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version