ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (186/235) > >>

JohnFredC:
Even if columnar databases have benefits in certain data situations, the SQLNotes structures which emulate a columnar database model are implemented in a relational model!  So there is always some basic relational overhead behind the columnar model overhead which itself is behind the user's notes data.

SQLNotes must run queries in the relational model first in order to set up the columnar structure in which the users' own data query can finally run!

PPLandry:
True, but I'll quote you: Jet is much more efficient than most people give it credit.  ;) And JET's "name" in itself, is a statement that it handles multi-table (and multi-query) queries with the optimum efficiency.

JohnFredC:
Touche!

superboyac:
So, I'm a little unclear with the HTML pane now.  I understand that the most recent version supports editing in Word.  But what does that mean as far as integration?  Does that mean I have to edit in a separate Word window, and then insert it in the html pane?  Here's what is happening from what I can observe:
--I want to use Word's editing facilities, so I have to create a MHT file (because that is the prompt that I get autmotically in SQLNotes).
--I do my editing in Word, and a file is saved somewhere in my main data directory.
--Now, the Word document can be seen in SQLNotes.  But I can't edit it in SN, I have to go back and edit it in Word.  So, unlike normal html pane content, when it's an mht format, the html pane just becomes a viewer at that point and not an editor.

This design is kind of inconvenient and piecemeal in my opinion.  It would be better if all the editing can happen inside SN itself without having to go back and forth.  I guess its convenient in those cases where you're editing just HAS to be done in Word, but in most cases I would avoid using it for the inconvenience alone.

The html pane as it is does just about all the editing I need anyway, so that's fine.  If anything, I would suggest having faster response times and adding the ability to insert pictures in there.  And as I've mentioned previously, I have had some slightly random issues in the past with the html pane about losing data in there (I don't know why...it's happened a couple of times).

PPLandry:
Hi Superboyac,

MHT files are really neat since they support embedded objects and still work with the HTML Export feature. However, I'm still searching for a pluggable editor. The only one I found is no longer sold (it is used by EverNote). The plan is threefold:

1- Improve the HTML editor, to support images
2- Add support for MSWord editing of HTML content
3- Find/develop a built-in MHT editor

I hope this clarifies the current situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version