ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (170/235) > >>

Dormouse:
If you really want to steal Evernote users away
 what makes Evernote so great--you just type the word you're looking for and that entire list filters down to a few items.
-superboyac (March 25, 2008, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

But a big advantage of Evernote is its ability to read handwriting & images. I had thought that one nice little task that needs doing and I could try SQLnotes on was recording the bottles in my wine cellar (just a little wine cellar in case you are wondering) - what's in the bottles and their position in the racks. Then I realised that the easiest and most comprehensive approach would actually be to photograph the fronts and backs of the bottles and just load the photos into Evernote. No need to write, no need to type, no need to worry about fields etc.

Dormouse:
Double-click below the list of items (in the grid, adds a new item. Click on the HTML pane to start entering text
-PPLandry (March 25, 2008, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's the one; it's always nice to be reassured that everything can be done with mouse or keyboard. :)

superboyac:
What does the Grid>Column Filter>Auto display mode option do?  I turned it on and I don't know where it applies.

PPLandry:
What does the Grid>Column Filter>Auto display mode option do?  I turned it on and I don't know where it applies.
-superboyac (March 25, 2008, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
In auto mode, the column filter buttons are only displayed when there is space for them (calculated for each column, based on the caption and the column width)

Armando:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it's a great idea:

If you really want to steal Evernote users away, put a docked search box (find as you type of course) on the toolbar.  I know there is already all of the other filters up there, but this box will search every item in just the grid that is currently displayed and filter accordingly.  That's basically how Evernote works anyway.  If you consider Evernote to be one grid, then the evernote search box just searches every single character of that grid and filters the grid accordingly.
The filter bar is great and everything, but sometimes (most of the time in my case) you just want to quickly find that one word you're looking for.  You don't want to think about which field its in or anything like that.  That's what makes Evernote so great--you just type the word you're looking for and that entire list filters down to a few items.
-superboyac (March 25, 2008, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, I've asked for this a couple times... ALmost exaclty the same thing.

Quick Search (ctrl+q) is already pretty good, but I suggested a couple ways of "improving" it there :

http://www.sqlnotes.net/Forums/tabid/54/forumid/3/threadid/3200/scope/posts/Default.aspx
and
http://www.sqlnotes.net/Forums/tabid/54/forumid/3/threadid/2738/scope/posts/Default.aspx

I also put something in mantis : http://mantis.sqlnotes.net/view.php?id=146

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version