ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (168/235) > >>

Armando:
EDIT :  pierre answered as I was writing something... his answer is more concise... but here's mine anyways :

Sorry if my explanations weren't clear.

As you probably know, items appear in a specific grid because they conform to its specific source/filters (the source being the main "filter", if I may say so). So, all you have to do for an item to appear in a specific grid is to make sure that it conforms to these filters by putting the appropriate data in the appropriate fields.

To do that you can use the "properties pane" (shift+f4, or F4, or view--> properties pane), and fill the necessary fields in the "available fields" section. You can also use the "forms" section (still in the properties pane) if you made an appropriate form for that.

(Usually, Grid "sources" are Yes/No fields, but this can vary : a source can be any field, and it can even be complex -- ie : inbox AND notes AND itemhtml IS NOT NULL -- although in my limited experience these are more difficult to manage)

kartal:
Armando thanks for the answer. I asked for reiteration because within my test database( that was based on sample database) that idea(ticking in properties pane)  was not working so I got confused about it. I tried refreshing as well. But opening a new databae solved my problem, I could actually use the available fields to assign multiple grids. However I need to refresh to see it in the grid

thanks again.

Armando:
However I need to refresh to see it in the grid
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  :)
I actually got used to F5 after a little while... And now I actually like the fact that I refresh when I decide... But automatic refreshing is planned -- but Pierre knows all the details... I just read about it in the SQLNotes forum and the mantis webpage.

PPLandry:
EDIT :  pierre answered as I was writing something... his answer is more concise... but here's mine anyways :
-Armando (March 24, 2008, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry Armando. This is the second time (or third, I'm not sure) that I wrote an answer as you were writing. Bad me  :down:
Many thanks for the energy you put in learning SQLNotes and explaining it to others. :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

@Kartal: refresh
As part of online/offline/sync/multi-user/private item features (à la Ecco), Grids will no longer require refresh (with an option to disable it). Add/Delete/Modify items will raise events on other grids (local instance, and for other users connected to a shared file).

kartal:
Thanks PPLandry and Armando, keep up the great work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version