ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (157/235) > >>

TucknDar:
Actually I think I did close the HTML pane at one point and now can't open it  :-[

But what happens now, is that if I create new file, it freezes. However, when I open sql-notes again and open the created file, I see the grid, with some column headers, but then it all freezes so I can't change data...

PPLandry:
You are sure that the HTML pane is not just collapsed ? Check around the window frame for a tab written HTML...

I unregistered the ks... componenent and was able to create a new file and edit it. Of course opening the HTML pane (F12) I got an error message on the status bar but the program worked as expected after that.  :-[

You can also try to manually unregister:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe "%1" /u

Armando:
Pierre : maybe you could provide a list of all keys SQLNotes writes to the registry? That way TucknDar could manually remove all SQLNotes pre-reinstallation leftovers, if any (not that this would necessarily change anything, but... :-[)

PS : does C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe "%1" /u remove only the HTML component key?? Nevermind : found good documentation about it on the web...

TucknDar:
I tried manually unregistering, but same thing happened actually. froze and cpu..

TucknDar:
Ok, more progress, HTML editor could not be opened, ok, so what I did, was delete the new created files in sql folder (options.ini, settings.ini, and a file named dock and menu.

then when I started sql notes I did no longer have some docked um... things on the left (that said "feature reqests", "journal" etc). Then I made new file, and 'lo and behold, there was the grid and I could edit it and save it. no problems

so seems much like the html component is the culprit. Strange that I'm the only one experienceing it, though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version