ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (143/235) > >>

Armando:
The flat view is not a problem : each parent have all the expected children.

Yes I was expecting that the subitems would be under their main parents, but that's not what's happening, as I said.

In the hierarchical view, the "mummy rose" item has only 2 children, even if it is the main parent of 3 items including "boy john". And "2nd daddy eugene" item has 1 child, "boy john", even if it's not the main parent.

PPLandry:
The process is quite simple:
Take the flat view with "Save item state off"
You get a list.

When you set hierarchy to ON, it simply re-arranges that list.

Armando:
Yes, I understand that perfectly well... But that's not my question. My question is simple. You say :

If an item has multiple parents shown in the grid, I believe, it puts the item under the main parent.
-PPLandry (February 20, 2008, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that seems to apply to "flat view"

But what's the rule governing what duplicate children goes under which parent in the hierarchical view?
(was expecting that each would go under its main parent or something like that, but in a very strict and logical way. But I fail to see the logic. Again : look at the screenshot. Some subitems are duplicated and some not, and there are no apparent reasons. All the subitmens have the same main parent, they have the same fields filled. Yet, "boy john" is the only one that's not duplicated and appears under a parent that's not its main one.  :tellme: )

This is what I don't get.

PPLandry:
In the latest build, there are now 2 modes for hierarchy. Full hierarchy shows all subs which is what you need for this case.

Armando:
That was really quick! This is wonderful.  :-*

I'll admit that I still don't understand what are the rules underlying the "non-full" hierarchical view though (so full hierarchy will definitely be the default for me)...  :-[ It will surely be easier to understand over a coffee or something. I how you a big one !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version