ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (133/235) > >>

Armando:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SQLNotes again, cleaning up the folder etc. but the "export to a web page" feature still doesn't work, and I tried with different databases (even the sample one).

The weirdest thing is that I don't even see a thing : no "export form" whatsoever, no error message. I also did a  search on C (system partition) and E  (document partition) and didn't find any newly created  html document.

tomos:
ehh,
going back to the filter bar...

Found a better solution
"Projects" is source
"FIN is null" shows files which arent ticked "FIN" (i.e. they're not finished/in progress)
-tomos (February 18, 2008, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I want to show "Projects" and ONLY files that have a "ChangeRequest" that arent "Changed"
So,
"Projects" and files ("file" ticked) where "ChangeRequest" is ticked AND "Changed" is not ticked
Projects and (file and ChangeRequest and Changed is null)
shows only main items which have been ticked Projects
doesnt show any subitems (should probably get "Projects" to apply to sub-items as well)

I've tried many other variations in Source and filter bar but cant quite get there...

BTW, this:
(file and ChangeRequest and Changed is null)        - pretty silly I guess to leave the brackets... :-\
caused this error:-
---------------------------
Run-time error '-2147024890 (80070006)':

Method '~' of object '~' failed
---------------------------

tomos:
(should probably get "Projects" to apply to sub-items as well)
-tomos (February 19, 2008, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Value-> Sub-items works for new items, is there a way to get it to work for all current subitems ?*
I can just select all and apply too...

EDIT/-
* I suppose you could say I want here to apply it retrospectively, I know you mentioned this somewhere but I couldnt find it

the behaviour seems a bit unpredictable here - (or is that just my understanding agin!)
With "Value-> Sub-items" ticked for "Projects",
If I tick "Projects" for an item, subitems are now ticked as well
If I untick it all are unticked, as expected
But,
if I tick the same item again, sub-items are NOT now selected...

[edit again]also when I add files as sub-items to an item ticked "Projects" they dont automatically get ticked[/edit again]

from the wiki
Value -> sub-items: Enables inheritence. If checked, if an item has a value in this field, sub-items will automatically inherit this value too. Users can change this inherited value if desired. Updates to the parent item will update all sub-items that have the same value as the parent (if you've changed an inherited value, it will be preserved)
--- End quote ---
I dont understand the part in bold -
"Updates" meaning refresh? That would mean retrospectively, hmm, dont think it's that.
It probably means, if I make parent XYZ children will be XYZ? and referring to fields with info in them I guess, when that's changed it's changed in subitems as well ?

and cant figure this either - "if you've changed an inherited value, it will be preserved"

Armando:
I want to show "Projects" and ONLY files that have a "ChangeRequest" that arent "Changed"
So,
"Projects" and files ("file" ticked) where "ChangeRequest" is ticked AND "Changed" is not ticked
-tomos (February 19, 2008, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm REALLY not an expert. But if I understand what you want, this should work :

--- ---projects AND files AND changerequest AND changed is null
meaning : show me the items which have something in the fields "projects", "files" and "changerequests", but nothing in the the field "changed".

You could also add "is not null" to each field -- except "changed" -- but it's not necessary. I would be like that :

--- ---projects is not null AND files is not null AND changerequest is not null AND changed is null
(Check the orthography for the fields though as I just recopied the fields names from your post and I don't know exactly if I'm accurate)

PPLandry:
You could also add "is not null" to each field -- except "changed" -- but it's not necessary. I would be like that :

--- ---projects is not null AND files is not null AND changerequest is not null AND changed is null-Armando (February 19, 2008, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I got lost in this thread (will read it more carefully later on), but...

"is not null" is optional. Entering the field name is the same

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version