ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (128/235) > >>

Armando:
There are many questions I want to ask Pierre, but there's one thing I'd really like to know... now. Do you guys have problems with the "Export to Web Page" feature? Seems broken here... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I thought that before I was just clicking the "Export to Web Page" button or menu option, with an opened Grid.

tomos:
Thanks for those responses Armando,
It's only the first time I've got error #91, but I reckon I dont really use the programme like you ;)

Hey!
I just tried with a backup on my usb stick which was from previous day and it opened
I can now open the databases that wouldnt open
I had been changing colours and had actually made a copy before I changed them - neither file would then open so I thought I had screwed up things rightly, requiring re-install like you suggested

Thanks for the other answers too Armando,
with the find I'll experiment,
but I got the impression from that quote that maybe there was somewhere you could tick all the relevant fields,
e.g. as example I gave of ["File" and "Projects" boxes ticked and Duration>0] and that this would then show in the filter bar *
I tried doing that with the search box, for field I wrote: [Projects,Field,Duration>0] but that didnt work either-or maybe it did but I'm misunderstanding somewhere

In filter bar I've tried:
Projects and File and duration>0
Projects and File and (duration>0)
both coming up empty nada nix...

* that would be a great idea actually
a search/filter pane which shows all the fields - like in the properties pane,
you fill in what you want and it gets shown in the filter bar
So, in this case I'd tick my two fields and fill ">0" in duration field,
click "Find" or "Filter" and off

Armando:
In filter bar I've tried:
Projects and File and duration>0
Projects and File and (duration>0)
both coming up empty nada nix...
-tomos (February 18, 2008, 01:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

So by that filter I guess that you want all the items which have something (data) in the "projects" and "file" and "duration" fields to appear in the grid... But have you entered something in all of these fields ? in the duration field too???

Try just writing "duration" in the "search grid" 's filter (the one used "exclusively" for searches, so that you don't mess up your other grids...). If nothing comes up, than you don't have any durations entered anywhere.

Try the same thing with the projects + file fields. Write them there, in your filter bar. One... (then refresh if you want : f5). Then erase the term, and try the other one. refresh to make sure... (Make sure that the filters are really applied. Don't write the field when the entry zone is greyed out, but when it's "white")

Check in the property pane also. Find an item that you believe SHOULD appear in the grid when you apply your filter. Check the property pane and make sure that in the "filled fields" you have something appearing for these fields : Projects, File, duration. if not, well, there's your problem! If you have something in one of these fields but nothing in the others, you won't see anything because of the AND operator : the 3 fields must have something in them simultaneously. If that's not what you want, try using the OR operator (place it where you want it... can't help you with that).

--- End quote ---

well... If you have 100s of fields (which is very possible), it might be a bit hard to use... But this is already pretty much possible anyways with the "source bar" (alt+s). Just write all the fields and terms you want (with the proper operators, symbols etc.) and bingo.

Armando:
(corrected some stupid mistakes)

tomos:
going out the door in 10 mins so brief reply

as often think I wasnt clear enough
I want items with projects ticked
there are files which are sub-items - I only want to see ones with duration (they're there all right!)

Duration works kindof but it rules out other items which dont have duration

--- End quote ---

well... If you have 100s of fields (which is very possible), it might be a bit hard to use... But this is already pretty much possible anyways with the "source bar" (alt+s). Just write all the fields and terms you want (with the proper operators, symbols etc.) and bingo.
-Armando (February 18, 2008, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree - about being hard to use - it could be exactly like the properties pane

You say:
>But this is already pretty much possible anyways with the "source bar" (alt+s). Just write all the fields and terms you want (with the proper operators, symbols etc.) and bingo.

That's my problem - I DONT :) find this easy - the opposite in fact, well source is okay but filters...

PS didnt notice the mistakes, runs out the door...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version