ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (121/235) > >>

tomos:
Now I have this setup

I add files as I start working on them
When ticked Done they go blue
When Change Requested is ticked they go Yellow and the date gets added to notes field
When I tick Checked (i.e. changes made) they go Purple and the date gets added to date field

which I'm quite happy with

some queries

when filtering do I use the Actual name of field or the column heading?

In the “Auto-assign rules” how do I change the date to just date as opposed to date/time?

Is it possible to add many files at once ? Say select 20 in filemanager, drag n drop to grid -
I'm afraid to try that in case it really screws things up

PPLandry:
Now I have this setup

I add files as I start working on them
When ticked Done they go blue
When Change Requested is ticked they go Yellow and the date gets added to notes field
When I tick Checked (i.e. changes made) they go Purple and the date gets added to date field

which I'm quite happy with
-tomos (February 15, 2008, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Great! If you think that this solution can help other, do not hesitate to send it to me, I'll put it in the download area.

some queries

when filtering do I use the Actual name of field or the column heading?

In the “Auto-assign rules” how do I change the date to just date as opposed to date/time?

Is it possible to add many files at once ? Say select 20 in filemanager, drag n drop to grid -
I'm afraid to try that in case it really screws things up
-tomos (February 15, 2008, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
1- Actual Field name must to be used everywhere. Heading is a display friendly caption, particularly useful as the number of fields grows
2- Auto-assign: use int(date) to get just the date
3- You can drag-drop as many files as you wish. Try it on a scrap item first (or better still in a temp database)

tomos:
Great! If you think that this solution can help other, do not hesitate to send it to me, I'll put it in the download area.
-PPLandry (February 15, 2008, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

seems like this could be useful to others
How would I send it to you? (not the whole database :tellme:)
I'll probably make a few changes to it over the next week as it gets more used

PPLandry:
No rush.

You can make a copy and delete most (or all) items

tomos:
3- You can drag-drop as many files as you wish. Try it on a scrap item first (or better still in a temp database)
-PPLandry (February 15, 2008, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

second time today:
:Thmbsup: whooHoo!!! :-*

works a treat, each is gets it's own item

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version