ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (113/235) > >>

tomos:
havent got bugtracking setup yet :-[
have to add it to the list ..

I wasnt sure would I use the "Done" field or not, but then I was thinking it might be a way of combining a sort of a ToDo list with this grid.
It would be great if I could colour the not done items (automatically) :-\  - would that be possible under Manage Fields/Auto-assign rules ?
YES YES => itemcolor = "red"  :-*
Of course I could sort them by project or whatever as well (or by date if I have them planned that way)

I want to be able to fit it all on one grid -
not a bad idea really/maybe - for me anyways - keeps me reminded of whats done/ToDo as well as keeping track

tomos:
It would be great if I could colour the not done items (automatically) :-\  - would that be possible under Manage Fields/Auto-assign rules ?
-tomos (February 13, 2008, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

in my enthusiasm there I didnt realise this marks done items as red
can I reverse that someway to undone ones being red?
Also notice it only affects items newly marked as done - others remain unhighlighted even after restart..

EDIT/ def the wrong thing to say [ itemcolor = "red" ] - very unpredictable results!

PPLandry:
-tomos (February 13, 2008, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

in my enthusiasm there I didnt realise this marks done items as red
can I reverse that someway to undone ones being red?
Also notice it only affects items newly marked as done - others remain unhighlighted even after restart..
-tomos (February 13, 2008, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
To remove the color, you can double-click on the itemcolor field "(which will display all colored items in the scratchpad grid) and select all items affected and in the properties pane, erase the color. This will apply it to all selected items

A better system for coloring would be
1- in StartDate (or some other field), add A:ItemColor="red"
2- in Done: add A:ItemColor=

superboyac:
Are you using the latest build?

In fixing the CPU utilisation bug (idle was using from 5-10%, now 0%), this was an unfortunate consequence. It is fixed in the latest build.
-PPLandry (February 12, 2008, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK, it's fixed in the latest build.  But now I'm confused because I'm having a problem similar to the problems I had when I first started using SQLNotes.  When I first started using it to catalog my favorite music artists, I made a separate grid for each artist (One for Atlanta Rhythm Section, and another for Gene Harris).  Then, I figured what's the point of separate grids, so I combined them by renaming one of the grids to "Music" and checking the box for the other artist's grid to be "on" in the "Music" grid.  Then, I deleted the artist grids in the grid manager because I don't need them anymore.
Now, I have a grid display problem.  Initially, it was fine because the hierarchy was set up like the following:
Artist
--Albums
----Songs

But now I go back, and all the songs are at the top-level, as well as the sub-levels.  But the grid options are fine and changing them around doesn't really do anything.  I have both Hierarchy and Context Parents off, which is what I want so the sub-items won't show as top-level items.

I think the problem is this, and I brought it up once before.  If I create a grid, an "on/off" checkbox is automatically created with the same name as the grid.  This is what determines what items will be shown in the grid.  Now, let's say I rename the grid later...does that checkbox field get renamed also?  It doesn't seem like it does.  I renamed "ARS" to "Music", but the ARS field is still there, but there is no "Music" field.  Furthermore, let's say I delete a grid.  Now what happens to that checkbox?  This is not as confusing a problem...the user just has to remember that he once had a grid called whatever it was.  The renaming is where the problem arises.
I think that there needs to be a more sophisticated way to manage those checkboxes so that they are synchronized with renaming grids, deleting grids, combining grids, etc.  I don't know how to do this...I may even be way off in my assumptions here.  But that's what I think I've seen so far.

PPLandry:
1- If you don't want to have all songs top level, you need to set the hierarchy=on (it all depends on the grid source: is it something that songs have or something artists have?)

2- Keep in mind that there is no link between the data (fields) and the presentation (grids). This is by design.

Think of it as a box or a cube. You put info into the box (fields). The cube faces (grids) display some of the info in the box. You control what is displayed on each cube face

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version