ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (112/235) > >>

PPLandry:
This is getting hard to follow  :-[
-PPLandry (February 11, 2008, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

tell me about it ;D will send you the file..
-tomos (February 12, 2008, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Got the file, I will look at it this evening or tomorrow.

[edit] File modified and sent back. Main reason Duration was not updating was that Hierarchy calculations were turned off. Simple set for the Duration Field: Parent=sum(Children) and click the Update button.

tomos:
thanks again Pierre for all the direction  :up:

Duration field equation is: 

--- ---WorkTime( StartDate , EndDate , 8) - ( NonBillable )-tomos (February 11, 2008, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

could you (or anyone) tell me what the 8 in there is?
I cant show it without the "code" - cause I get 8) instead :)

PPLandry:
thanks again Pierre for all the direction  :up:

Duration field equation is: 

--- ---WorkTime( StartDate , EndDate , 8) - ( NonBillable )-tomos (February 11, 2008, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

could you (or anyone) tell me what the 8 in there is?
I cant show it without the "code" - cause I get 8) instead :)

-tomos (February 13, 2008, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
WorkTime is a user-defined function (view>user code):
----------

--- Code: Visual Basic ---Function WorkTime(d1, d2, HrsPerDay)    ' d2 is the later date. Handles multi-day tasks        dim diff, days, hrs        if isnull(d1) then exit function        if isnull(d2) then exit function        d1=cdate(d1): d2=cdate(d2)        diff=d2-d1        if diff>=1 then                days=datediff("d",d1,d2)                WorkTime=days*HrsPerDay        end if        Hrs=(diff-int(diff))*24        WorkTime=WorkTime+Hrs        workTime=formatnumber(workTime,2)end function-----------
Basically, it calculates the worked time based on the start and end. The '8' is used when start and end are on different days. If start is on monday and enddate on thursday, then the duration will be 4 days * 8 hrs = 32. When working full-time on a project, it can be a time saver to simply enter mon-fri and it will bill the correct number of hours

tomos:
thanks Pierre

I have a done (yes/no) field
if I set Parent=sum(children) and all sub-items are ticked, then Parent is automatically ticked as expected
BUT
if I add a new sub-item or deselect one of the subitems the Parents dont respond (nor after refresh)
(You know the way, job is done but oops something forgotten or some minor extra..)
Is there something else I can change to affect that or is that a bug?

Another minor thing you prob aware of:
On some fields I changed the Heading name of field -
this doesnt show on actual heading of column until you restart the programme

BTW I (sucussfully) added estimated time and cost fields to billing grid so I can now look at estimates and work done :)

PPLandry:
thanks Pierre

I have a done (yes/no) field
if I set Parent=sum(children) and all sub-items are ticked, then Parent is automatically ticked as expected
BUT
if I add a new sub-item or deselect one of the subitems the Parents dont respond (nor after refresh)
(You know the way, job is done but oops something forgotten or some minor extra..)
Is there something else I can change to affect that or is that a bug?

Another minor thing you prob aware of:
On some fields I changed the Heading name of field -
this doesnt show on actual heading of column until you restart the programme

BTW I (sucussfully) added estimated time and cost fields to billing grid so I can now look at estimates and work done :)
-tomos (February 13, 2008, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes/No Done field: Very interesting use, one which I hadn't thought of. Very good. And yes this is a bug. It is now fixed (in next release, no more daily builds until next release). But you need to use the max function, not the sum (parent=max(children). Next release will be out tomorrow.

Heading: yes this is a known small bug. You can report it in the bug tracking if you wish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version