ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (109/235) > >>

PPLandry:
You can instead set the source to something that the parent item has. (project, some other common folder/field value) or else you could switch between 2 filters, one for estimates, one for work done.

What about if the source was duration or some other common field (common to both estimates and work done) ?

superboyac:
I still think a good feature would be to save grid "states" I should add it to the list (I'll do it at home).
-superboyac (February 06, 2008, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Grid > Save item state" doesn't do what you want ?
-PPLandry (February 06, 2008, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not exactly.  I don't know if I described it before.  Save Item State means more of save "current" item state.  What I'm talking about is this:  let's say you have a big, complex grid.  There are several different "states" of the grids that is useful to me.  If there was an option to save multiple different "named states" of the grid, that would be very useful.

I realize there is some control over this with the filters, but it's a little different.  the filters don't control what's expanded/collapsed, etc.  ANyway, just a suggestion.  i got the idea from another program.

PPLandry:
sounds good...works good too!

so, going back to that filter
this is maybe more an organisational question/thought than an SQL-Notes one...
-
I could really use the same grid for estimates and work-done/Billing
(kind-of what I was doing for the last while, but in a more chaotic uncomprehending kind of way :))
estimate items having no startdate
and work done having start/end dates
then,
simply use filter to remove one or the other as required...

doesnt work though cause source is "StartDate" (estimates having none)-
"StartDate or Duration" seems to work okay with filtering for estimates/work-done
any fundamental objections - shout, otherwise I'll try it for a while

off to dreamland, thanks again for help
-tomos (February 07, 2008, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are many ways to handle this. I've proposed a few in another post.

Yet another way would be to arrange it this way
+ Project name

* Estimates
*     - Task 1
*     - Task 2
* Work done
*     - Task 3
*     - Task 4+ Project 2
And you can simply expand/collapse the sections you want

Armando:
There are several different "states" of the grids that is useful to me.  If there was an option to save multiple different "named states" of the grid, that would be very useful.
-superboyac (February 07, 2008, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would that be like outlook's "views" ? I'm asking because I believe I suggested that too during my mega posting phase.

tomos:
It is right now "too" easy to change the grid source, and then the grid no longer displays what you want. I'll think of a better, safer way.
-PPLandry (February 07, 2008, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

could you get it to remember?
if possible:-
something like a drop down thijingumy showing previous entries?
something like that would be good for filter too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version